Imagine having a well-furnished and well-maintained house with a poorly sealed paver walkway. It can turn into a disaster any minute!
Not sealing the pavers properly could very well result in ruining the entire aesthetics. Even though most people concentrate on the interior of a house, in truth, these walkways are in the most vulnerable position of getting damaged from sunlight or vehicle traffic.
This is why the best paver sealer natural look is indeed an essential opinion. Natural looks, because you surely wouldn’t want your paver to look artificial, right? In this article, we will introduce the 5 best paver sealers available on the market that will provide you with the most natural look possible.
5 Best Paver Sealer Natural Look Reviews in 2021
Once you’re all set on sealing your pavers, comes the difficult part, which is choosing the right sealers. Lucky for you, we have that work cut out. Read through the list to choose the best paver sealer for you!
#1. Eagle Sealer EM5 Clear Natural Seal, 5 gal Pail
- Penetrating Silane & Siloxane Formula
- Dry Look: concrete is sealed but doesn't look sealed
- Freeze-Thaw Resistant
- Water repellant
- Non-yellowing UV resistant
- Deep penetrating silicone sealer
- Silane and Siloxane barriers
- Comes in a 5-gallon container
- Clear, natural color
- Makes the pavers waterproof and mildew-resistant
- Doesn’t let the water soak into the pavers
- The non-yellowing formula enhances your natural paver color
- Excellent UV resistance and durability
- Strong odor during application
If you experience a lot of downpours in your region and your pavers are getting damaged by the day, this Eagle Sealer will be the best option for you. It also works with a variety of paver materials such as poured concrete, brick, block, and precast so that you can apply it on different parts around your home!
This penetrating silicone sealant will effectively seep through the pores of your pavers and deliver a long-lasting waterproof barrier. Running water from car wash, rain or garden watering systems will simply bead up on your pavers and dry naturally.
That’s right; you no longer have to worry about your pavers losing their brightness or building up mold after the monsoon when you have this outstanding sealant sprayed over them!
Heavy rain can cause standing water in puddles over your gorgeous pavers and spoil their expensive look in a short time. That’s all the more reason why you need to apply this efficient sealant on your driveway, brick walls, or patio flooring right away.
Furthermore, we all know how UV exposure can cause a dramatic color fading right before your eyes. That said, the Eagle Sealer will also keep the UV damage at bay and sustain the paver colors for a long time.
If you want to renovate the outer areas of your home with glossy new touch, this water-repellant Eagle Sealer will be the best for you!
#2. 5 Gallon DOMINATOR LG+ Wet Look, Low Gloss Paver Sealer
- Restore the life and beauty of your surface with the ultimate color enhancement (wet look) with a low gloss finish for up to 5 years before the need to reseal.
- Protects against oil stains, mold, mildew and other spills while providing the ultimate UV protection on surfaces including concrete pavers, brick pavers, and decorative concrete. Not intended for stone or clay.
- Twice the coverage rate of your average sealer: 250-400 square feet per gallon, per coat.
- Breathe easy with our solvent free formula and no foul odors.
- Easy spray on application using our application guide and application videos.
- Covers up to 400 sq. ft. per gallon
- Includes UV resistant additives
- Contains no harmful chemicals
- Approved by Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards
- Fast-drying, odor-free formula
- Equipped with color enhancement qualities
- High coverage and permanence
- Protects against grease, grime, and mildew
- Average resistance to water
This Dominator sealer will bring your dull, mold-ridden pavers to life and leave a subtle sheen. It also gives long-lasting results no matter the wear and tear; you can easily spend up to 5 years without thinking about resealing at all!
Coming at a super large 5-gallon size, you can spray it evenly across your condo or spacious projects up to one thousand square feet! From each gallon, you can expect to cover a 400 square feet area with a single coating. Needless to say, you will be saving up quite a few bucks when you go for the Dominator sealer.
Moreover, it comes with an easy manual that will guide you step by step on the application procedure.
And the fact that you have to wait for less than an hour between each coat makes it a smart buy because you can finish the work in just one day! Being approved by ADA standards, the sealed pavers won’t be as slippery as you might think.
We also noticed how it gave no foul smell upon application. Its solvent-free formula will not feel heavy on your pavers; rather, it would seem like they’re brand new! It basically works as a color enhancer for your paved yard and protects it against stubborn mold and moss growth.
Tired of the strong smell that paint and sealants give off? Then the Dominator LG+ is the way to go. And with the super easy spray-on application, it’s also possible to wrap up work in a single day.
#3. Dupont Paver Armor Pro Natural Look Premium Waterproofing Sealer
- 350 sq. ft. coverage
- Water-based sealant formula
- Leaves a clear coating after use
- Lasts up to 3 years
- Suitable for a concrete driveway, patio, poolside deck, and many more
- A clear, water-based formula doesn’t discolor your pavers
- The freeze-thaw stable sealant doesn’t become yellow with age
- Easy and versatile application
- Average resistance to grease
Be it unpolished slabs of concrete, pavers, or brick, this one of a kind paver sealer by DuPont has been a top favorite of many households for elevating the look of exteriors.
For starters, you get a whopping 1 gallon of goodness in a sturdy container. This amount of sealer will be enough to generously cover up to 350 square feet. Now, the question many first-timers have in their mind is, “Will paver sealers discolor my concrete driveway?”
Well, it depends because when you use a heavy sealer that forms a solid film over the applied areas, the color will appear different after it’s dried up. Luckily for this high-quality sealer, you get to sustain the color for much longer with a top-notch sheen.
This DuPont paver sealer leaves on a waterproof barrier when dried, and the best part – it’s clear coating will not change the surface color. Moreover, it not only looks expensive but also helps your home to look absolutely brand new!
Next up, let’s talk about its protective features. This paver sealer is so effective yet gentle that it will not harm any existing sealer or coating you might have applied beforehand; neither will it damage the surface material over the long term.
The application is also easy and versatile. If you’re working with a small area, a nap roller or a brush works just fine. But if you’re talking about patios and driveways, turn up the pump sprayer and spray it evenly across the surface.
You’re going to love this sealant because it will keep the mold and mildew growth in check for years to come. Not to mention, sealed pavers make the next cleanups a breeze!
#4. Foundation Armor Sx5000 Reviews: 5-Gal
- Solvent based, breathable, low VOC, high solids Silane Siloxane sealer that can be used on unsealed interior and exterior, vertical and horizontal concrete, brick, pavers, flagstone, and slate.
- Approved by the Department of Transportation in several states as a penetrating concrete sealer for use on roadways and bridgedecks to reduce damage and deterioration caused by water absorption.
- Will maintain the natural, unsealed look and feel of the substrate. Won't leave behind a slippery surface film, won't change the look or color.
- Easy to apply with a pump sprayer! Two back-to-back coats will yield up to 7-10 years of protection!
- Contains up to 10X more active ingredients than competing products. Manufactured in the USA! No recycled or imported resins in our formulas!
- Non-slip and breathable formula
- Silane and siloxane-based sealant
- Covers up to 225 sq. ft. per gallon
- Lasts up to 10 years
- Approved by the Department of Transportation
- Powerful sealing performance
- Won’t peel, flake, or fade
- Reduces water absorption up to 95%
- Resists cracking and spalling
- Might interact with surface materials
Oil stains, grease, and grime are the real party poopers when it comes to cleaning them off the pavers. If that’s the case, this excellent sealer by Foundation Armor will be more than perfect!
Its breathable, low VOC, and solvent-based formula make it a top choice for both exterior and interior renovation. Flagstone, decoration concrete, brick, and slate are some of the common materials which are compatible with this heavy-duty sealant.
Water absorption damages them like nothing else, and it also makes your pavers a safe haven for mold and mildew. In order to prevent that, you need a high-quality sealant such as this one.
And it maintains the natural look and feel of your pavers. Not to mention, it won’t leave a slippery film nor change the color at all.
You can apply this sealer with your pump sprayer and won’t feel the need of resealing them in a decade. The Foundation Armor sealer is also approved by the Department of Transportation for protecting bridge decks and roadways from water damage!
This breathable sealant has extreme durability that can last a decade. Its silane and siloxane-based formula will revive your drab and washed out pavers. And it also ensures up to 95% water-resistance, which is pretty great.
#5. Armor WL550 1 GAL Matte Wet Look Sealer
- Will darken the surface of unsealed concrete, brick, pavers, stone, slate, and porous masonry to make it look wet
- Will NOT leave behind a surface film, works entirely below the surface
- Water repellent characteristics help to reduce deterioration caused by water absorption and freeze-thaw cycles
- Will last for up to 3-5 years before the need to reseal
- Breathable, low VOC, single coat application.
- Made of high-quality US manufactured resin
- Darkens the surface lightly for stable results
- Suitable for brick, sandstone, unsealed concrete, and masonry
- Gives a wet yet matte look
- Easy application with a garden sprayer or brush
- Boosts the natural color of applied surfaces
- Doesn’t leave a surface film
- Moderate coverage
Since your pavers are the first thing that guests see as they enter your driveway, you have to keep them neat and clean for making the best impression. That said, Foundation Armor brings you another top-notch paver sealer to make your concrete yard lustrous again!
To begin with, this sealer is not going to leave a thick, slippery surface film; rather, it is going to slightly darken the color of your unsealed concrete for a wet, sheeny look. On top of that, your driveway and yard will stay unbothered by the freeze-thaw cycles.
When you have this quality sealer by your side, lackluster pavers will be a thing of the past! Porous masonry, natural stone, slate, brick, or concrete – the Armor WL550 sealer works with all.
Water absorption is dropped to a mere 5% when you coat your pavers with the sealer; not to mention, it can last well up to 5 years at a stretch. A single coat goes a long way, and the low VOC, the breathable formula, ensures a safe application.
Old and moldy pavers can benefit a lot from a good sealant after you pressure-wash them. Even if you have new pavers and have little rain in your area, only UV exposure is enough to lose their luster. This heavy-duty paver sealant will keep your driveway, patio, and courtyard protected for long years.
Since this sealer works from below, there is no film build-up on the paver surface; so you don’t have to worry about slipping or resealing for that matter. It’s a long-lasting sealer made from US-manufactured materials.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here we have the most commonly asked queries regarding the best paver sealers:
Question#1. What is the best paver sealer to use?
Answer: If you want to enhance the faded colors on concrete, go for the Foundation Armor WL550 siloxane sealer. It will give your pavers a matte finish. However, when getting glossy pavers is a priority, DuPont Armor Pro is a good option.
Question #2. Is sealing pavers a good idea?
Answer: Sealing pavers make them water and UV-resistant for many years. Damage from mold and mildew is also kept to a minimum when you’ve sealed your concrete pavers.
Other than fighting grease and grime, paver sealers also keep them protected from freeze-thaw cycles and salt damage. Lastly, paver sealers decrease cracking and pitting on concrete and brick.
Question#3. How long does the paver sealer last?
Answer: Paver sealers can last 3 years on an average. But it actually depends on the porosity of the material. High-quality sealants can last up to 10 whole years and more. If you are looking for extended permanence, Foundation Armor SX5000 is a good option.
Question #4. How do you make pavers shiny?
Answer: After power-washing and cleaning the grease away from concrete, wait a full day and make sure that it’s entirely dried up. Use a high-sheen paver sealer such as the Eagle Sealer EM5 with a pump sprayer, roller, or brush on those areas to reveal glossy and sheeny pavers.
Question#5. Does sealing pavers make them slippery?
Answer: Some solvent-based and film-forming paver sealers leave a slippery feel to your sealed concrete surfaces. You can use a water-based paver sealer like the Dominator LG+ paver sealer for a low-slip finish.
The best paver sealer natural look is all you need for keeping your concrete pavers as good as new. It prevents water damage and build-up of stubborn mold as well. We hope you found our reviews insightful enough to make a purchase.
#1. Stamped Concrete Paver Sealer Guide.
#2. Top 8 Best Concrete Sealer Guide.
#3. Top 5 Best Brick Sealer Guide.
#4. Best Water Paver Sealer Reviews and Buyer’s Guide.
#5. Best Redwood Sealer Reviews: Our Top 5 Picks.