The paver surfaces of your home or workplace may look attractive, but they won’t stay that way for long without proper protection. Constant exposure to the sunlight and rainwater will wear them out.
Their beauty will fade over time with the uncontrolled growth of moss, mold, weed, etc. You’ll be left with something that serves as a reminiscence of a glorious past!
You can prevent that from ever happening and enhance the elegancy of your paver surfaces using the best paver sealers for a wet look! They will keep the damaging elements locked out. Your pavers will always look shiny and pristine!
With our wet look concrete sealer reviews, finding the right sealers will be a breezy task!
Top 5 Best Paver Sealers for a Wet Look in 2021
You’d be overwhelmed with a huge number of choices the moment you step into the market, looking for the perfect paver sealer. You wouldn’t know what to get. To help you out of that confusing situation, we’ve prepared a list of 5 best paver sealers on the market. Feel free to choose any of them for your paver surfaces!
#1. Armor AR350 Solvent Based Wet Look Paver Sealer
- The Armor AR350 is a breathable, non-yellowing solvent based acrylic that will darken concrete and pavers to make them look wet, and provide a long lasting, durable low gloss finish.
- The Armor AR350 is manufactured in the US and made from non-recycled resins.
- The Armor AR350 is self-priming and can be applied to unsealed concrete and paver surfaces, as well as surfaces previously sealed with a solvent based acrylic sealer.
- The Armor AR350 will help to reduce damage and deterioration caused by surface abrasion such as dustring, cracking, spalling, and pitting.
- The Armor AR350 can last up to 1-3 years on exterior surfaces and up to 3-7 years on interior surfaces before the need for a recoat.
- Made from high-grade resins
- A solvent-based breathable acrylic
- Offers low gloss finish along with darkened effects
- Lasts for up to 5 years on outdoor surfaces and 7 years on indoors
- Extremely easy to apply on any surface
- Quickly darkens the surface to enhance its looks
- Protects against a wide range of damaging elements
- Doesn’t require frequent recoating
- A very smelly substance
- Comes at a rather high price
The Foundation Armor AR350 is an impressive sealer, designed to give protection to a wide range of paver surfaces and enhance their appearance. It’s perfect for instantly turning a dull and ugly surface into something you can’t take your eyes off! Crafted from top-grade resins, it will do wonders for your pavements!
Once applied, this thing will quickly embellish your surface with a darker look, making it appear fresh, natural, and wet. It will even add a low gloss finish. You can feel free to use it on stamped concrete, concrete paper surfaces, aggregated concrete, and poured concrete.
Related Resources: Best Stamped Concrete Paver Sealer Reviews (Top 3 Picks).
Also, you can rely on this product to protect your paving from water, salt, stains, chemicals, and the UV ray of the sun. So, your beloved paved surfaces won’t wear out or lose its beauty for a long time as the effect will last for 2-5 years. Additionally, it can easily resist mildews and weeds.
Applying this solvent-based unit is super easy with a roller and a brush. It’s ideal for both unsealed and sealed surfaces. Each gallon of this breathable acrylic sealer comes with enough sealer to 175 square feet of the area!
This is a great way of retaining and bringing back the beauty of your paver surfaces. It will also effectively increase the lifespan of your surfaces by giving the right kind of protection. Best of all, it doesn’t require any professional knowledge, so anyone can do it with ease!
#2. Best Water Based Paver Sealer: Foundation Armor Sx5000 Reviews
- Solvent based, breathable, low VOC, high solids Silane Siloxane sealer that can be used on unsealed interior and exterior, vertical and horizontal concrete, brick, pavers, flagstone, and slate.
- Approved by the Department of Transportation in several states as a penetrating concrete sealer for use on roadways and bridgedecks to reduce damage and deterioration caused by water absorption.
- Will maintain the natural, unsealed look and feel of the substrate. Won't leave behind a slippery surface film, won't change the look or color.
- Easy to apply with a pump sprayer! Two back-to-back coats will yield up to 7-10 years of protection!
- Contains up to 10X more active ingredients than competing products. Manufactured in the USA! No recycled or imported resins in our formulas!
- A breathable substance that works after diving deep into the surface
- Doesn’t change paver color or make the surface slippery
- Designed to work on concrete, brick, slate, flagstones, pavers, etc.
- Keeps most of the water away from the surface
- Extremely easy to prepare and apply for just about anyone
- Gets to work quickly and dries up in no time
- Comes with clearly-written instructions
- Likely to last for a very long time before you need to apply the seal again
- Might destroy cheap plastic sprayers
The Armor SX5000 does an amazing job of protecting your paver surfaces from water and other dangerous elements with ease. It does all that without bringing any change to the original color. You can feel free to apply it on surfaces like concrete, pool deck, garage or workshop floors, driveways, etc.
Related Reading: Top 8 Concrete Paver Sealer Reviews and Buyer’s Guide.
This thing specializes in absorbing the water from your paver surfaces, essentially protecting them from water-caused damages using a hydrophobic barrier. Around 95% of the water will be locked out, which is quite incredible!
However, this substance starts working after diving deep into your surfaces. So, the outer surface will remain completely unaffected. You won’t have to worry about having the colors and designs of your beautiful areas tarnished in any way. Don’t be afraid of walking on the coated surfaces as they won’t get slippery either.
Moreover, this product is very likely to protect for 7-10 years after applying the sealer twice at once. Although this is kind of expensive, it makes up for that by offering unmatched performance. It comes in a 5-gallon bottle. You can cover up to 225 FT2 per gallon if you’re dealing with smooth surfaces.
This paver sealer repels water with unmatched efficiency. Your paved areas will be well-protected water damages. The best thing is, the outer parts won’t be affected at all. So, it won’t affect the outer surface areas, allowing them to stay in their beautiful state.
#3. Armor AR500 High Gloss Solvent Based Paver Sealer
- Penetrating high solids, breathable solvent based acrylic coating with unmatched bonding characteristics.
- Durable, long lasting. Stands up to abrasion, UV rays, hot tire pick up, hot and cold temperatures.
- Long lasting high gloss finish provides up to 2-5 years of life on a two coat application before the need for a recoat. Will bring out color in dull and faded surfaces.
- Can be used on poured concrete, stamped concrete, concrete pavers, aggregate, and more.
- Can be used on unsealed surfaces, or on surfaces previously sealed with a solvent based acrylic.
- Designed for a wide range of concrete and masonry materials
- A strong solvent-based substance created from non-recycled resins
- Provides non-yellowing and high gloss finish
- Works by penetrating deep into the surfaces and forming a chemical bond
- Super easy to apply and maintain
- Adds a darkened wet look for eliminating the faded appearance
- Minimizes wear and tear by locking out the dangerous elements
- Lasts for 2-5 years easily before needing a recoating
- The strong chemical odor that lasts for days
The Armor AR500 is a strong wet look sealer that will easily protect a wide array of the interior as well as exterior surfaces. It applies a protective coating on your driveways, garage, workshop, etc. and reduces their wear and tear while improving their appearances.
This thing goes super deep into the applied surfaces and forms a chemical bond with the concrete or paver pores. As a result, your paver surface gets a darkened wet look thanks to a breathable, non-yellowish finish. Additionally, it brings out the natural color and leaves a high gloss finish.
And the strong coating will minimize the damage caused by dirt and debris. Water and UV rays won’t be able to penetrate the protective layer to cause any harm, either. You won’t be seeing any growth of weeds and mildews for a long time! Surface abrasion will be greatly reduced.
Its effects will last for at least two to five years before you need to apply the sealer again. With a roller or a pump sprayer, you can apply it quickly without any trouble.
An ideal sealer that specializes in making the faded surfaces look beautiful and long-lasting. If you’re looking for that cool, wet look, this is a great way to get that!
#4. Wet Look Stone Sealer Reviews: Armor WL550
- Water repellent characteristics help to reduce deterioration caused by water absorption and freeze-thaw cycles
- Will last for up to 3-5 years before the need to reseal
- Breathable, low VOC, single coat application.
- Made with breathable low VOC components
- Works by creating a hydrophobic barrier below the surface
- Suitable for brick, masonry, and concrete
- Protects against deteriorations caused by water
- Darkens the surface to provide a matte wet look
- Designed to minimize water absorption to a great extent
- Won’t make the surface slippery or change the natural appearance
- Leaves a long-lasting effect to prevent frequent resealing
- Might require comparatively more sealer substance to cover an area
- Doesn’t provide any glossy finish
If you’re tired of looking at your paver surfaces in their dull and faded condition, then the Armor WL550 can improve your situation. It’s designed to apply that darkened matte wet look to take away the boring color and inject life into your garage, driveways, workshop, etc.
This is an excellent water repellent that works by penetrating the substrate and creates a chemical reaction. Now, this reaction creates a hydrophobic barrier that keeps the water away. As a result, your paving will barely absorb any water. In addition to that, this unit can resist damage from UV rays.
Since this thing works from below the surface, the outer look will remain untouched. It doesn’t make the ground slippery either. You’ll find an impressive wet finish that makes the areas appear livelier. However, there won’t be any glossy finish.
Once applied, the effects of this product will last for 3 to 5 years with ease. When any change is noticed, you can easily recoat as it’s suitable for both old and new surfaces.
It is an excellent product to minimize water-induced damage on your precious surfaces. Give your paver surfaces an appealing matte wet look in addition to ensuring decent protection. You are guaranteed to enjoy its effects for a pretty long time.
#5. EnduraSeal 100% Acrylic “Wet Look” Semi-Gloss Sealer
- 100% pure acrylic, high performance lower odor solvent sealer
- Produces a semi gloss "Wet Look" to just about any type of subtrate
- Highly durable for a fraction of the cost of Urethane & Epoxy sealers.
- Non-yellowing formula (Doesn't yellow the surface in time)
- Lower odor than most solvent based sealers on the market
- 100% pure and strong chemical substance
- Easily applies a semi-gloss wet look on various substrates
- Designed to handle different types of concretes
- Boasts a non-yellowing formula
- Applies a strong protective layer on paver surfaces
- Super easy to prepare and apply that doesn’t take much time
- Doesn’t produce unbearable chemical odor
- Makes your paver surfaces look even more beautiful
- Comes at a very reasonable price
- The effects might not last as long as the others
The EnduraSeal 100% Acrylic Solvent Sealer creates a durable layer of protection over a wide range of concrete materials. It will ensure the beauty of your paved surfaces remain intact and contribute to enhancing the appearance by making it even more pleasant to look at!
Applying two thin coatings of this formula will seal your pavers. With each gallon, you can more or less cover about 150 to 300 square feet of area. Even if your pavers are old and look worn-out, this thing will make the necessary improvements to make them appear fresh and new again.
This remarkable solvent substance will safeguard your surfaces from all types of outside damages. Water, dirt, debris, sunlight, etc. won’t be able to inflict much damage on them. So, your driveways or garage will stay strong and elegant for a long time!
You can easily compare this one with more expensive sealers. Unlike other products, it doesn’t leave any strong odor of chemicals.
This is the kind of sealer you should opt for if you’re looking for something that protects your paved surfaces in style without breaking your bank. You will get the same performance from this thing as products that are way more expensive.
Wet Look Paver Sealers Buying Guide
Paver sealers are offered by lots of manufacturers. So, naturally, there are all types of them with specific characteristics that make them different from one another. Unfortunately, not all of them are high in quality. In fact, some are downright tacky, designed only to squeeze money out of you without providing the value.
So, it’s important to know the things that you should consider and the features that you have to look for before purchasing one. Here is a buying guide that we’ve designed to make sure you don’t end up buying the wrong paver sealer.
Know Your Paving Type
Before you buy the sealer, it’s vital to know the type of paving that you have. Nowadays, most of these products are designed to handle a wide assortment of materials, including bricks, concrete, and stones. Nevertheless, you should make sure it’s right for your paver surface.
For example, the surfaces of garages and workshops are commonly made with poured concrete. They often come in contact with oil.
Now, oil can slowly but surely damage this type of material. However, if you choose a sealer that excels at giving protection against oils, the concrete surface will stay safe no matter how much oil pours on it!
Similarly, some might be better at dealing with bricks than stones. So, find out your paving type. Just knowing about the materials may not be enough. You should also spend some time figuring out what damages them the most.
Once you know exactly what you’re looking for and what kind of protection you need, look for one that is sure to meet your demands. Otherwise, you’ll be left with something that does more harm than good. That’s why we’re placing so much importance in knowing the paving type.
Color and Gloss
Like we’ve mentioned before, the bright and shiny color of your paver surface will fade over time due to various damaging elements. It won’t look nearly as attractive as before. You don’t want to get stuck with that now, do you? Reconstruction is out of the question, too, because that’s way too costly.
Well, don’t worry at all as the right sealer will not only add a protective layer but also bring the color back that made your surface so beautiful. It will even add a glossy touch, enhancing the elegancy to a great extent! Just find out the product that specializes in giving the color treatment that you want before buying.
Rain can cause the sand that’s placed between the pavers to wash away slowly. You obviously don’t want that as it’s a valuable part of the paver surface. If you want to retain the sands, you should invest in a sealer that does a great job at sand retention. This way, you won’t have to worry about losing the sand anymore.
Mildew and Weed Resistance
Your paver surface is the breeding ground of mildews and weeds. You are sure to see them grow and spread on it, taking away the freshness of it. They can even damage your precious paver. Fortunately for you, most of the sealers offer protection against mildews and weeds.
However, if you’ve got a bad growth of these things, make sure to choose one that provides special protection from them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here we have the most commonly asked queries regarding the best paver sealers:
Question#1. How do you seal wet look pavers?
Answer: Sealing wet look pavers is a surprisingly easy task. You can do it all by yourself without any problem. There is no requirement of having a professional knowledge. If you’ve never done it before, we’ve got some easy-to-follow instructions for you. So, here we go.
Let’s start with the things you’ll be needing.
- A roller, brush, or a lambswool applicator for applying the sealer
- The sealer that will be used in the sealing of your paver surface
Step-1: Clean the Surface
Before starting the sealing procedure, you are required to cleanse the surface of the pavers thoroughly. Sweep it clean, then pour a water rinse-able degreaser to clear out any persistent stain. Afterward, pick up your pressure washer and wash everything away. Your paving should look super clean now, free of dirt and stains.
Step-2: Wait for the Surface to Dry out Completely
There shouldn’t be even a single drop of moisture left. You can be 100% sure of the moisture test.
Step-3: Begin the Sealing
Once all the moisture is gone, and the surface is dry, you can begin the sealing. Go ahead and carefully mix up the solvent to the ratio that’s recommended for covering your surface area.
Step-4: Spread the Sealer
Grab the roller and start spreading the sealer. You can employ a brush to apply it on hard to reach places and corners. After you’re done, allow the surface to dry out and voila, you’ve got yourself a sealed paver surface! It will remain protected from the damages for a long time now.
Question#2. How long does the wet sealer last?
Answer: We don’t have a definitive answer for you as it depends on a lot of things. Usually, a wet sealer lasts for as short as 3 months and as long as 6 months. Under certain circumstances, the lifespan can be even longer. Your wet sealer might not last as long as your neighbors because your surface may be different from theirs.
So, here are the factors that affect the effects of a wet sealer.
- The kind of your paver surface, which includes the materials that have been used to build it, the quality of the materials, etc.
- The kind of sealer that’s been used in the sealing
- The surface’s PH levels, area type, as well as the substrate’s porosity
- How often the paver is exposed to the sun and water
- The number of damaging elements that the surface is open to
Question#3. Can you use Thompson Water Seal on pavers?
Answer: We don’t see why not! Thompson water seal is designed to be applicable on any type of paver surfaces. Additionally, it’s perfectly suitable for other materials like bricks, clay, tile, stone, etc. You can feel free to use it on pavers whenever you want.
Once applied, this thing provides effective protection against the dangerous ultraviolet rays of the sun and the rainwater.
Question#4. How often should pavers be sealed?
Answer: We can’t give you an exact and specific answer because it, too, depends on various factors. Some people might require frequent sealing, while others are fine with occasional sealing.
To be on the safe side, you can apply the sealer whenever the colors start to fade, and weeds begin to grow. You might see the changes after 2-3 years or even after long delays.
Paver sealers are definitely an amazing way of keeping your paver surfaces fresh and appealing. If you’ve read our entire article, then you already know how effective they are.
It shouldn’t be any trouble for you to find the best paver sealers for a wet look. So, go ahead and buy one to give your paver surface the treatment it deserves!