Table of Contents
Last Updated on February 13, 2023 by Heenan
Finding the best brick sealer involves considering some crucial factors.
Durability is one of them.
Besides durability, you must consider some other factors like –
- Drying time.
- Environment friendly or not.
- Ability to penetrate the surface.
- Non-slippery attribute.
- Easy to apply or not.
- Cost-effectiveness, etc.
I understand it’s quite a daunting task to find the top-rated brick sealer as the market is saturated with several brands and models.
To make your life easy, I’ve prepared the brick sealer reviews, where I will review the ten brick sealers mentioning all their upsides and downsides.
Without any further delay, let’s begin.
Best Brick Sealer Reviews of 2023
#1. Foundation Armor SX5000 Reviews
- Water based, breathable, high...
- Approved by the DOT as a water...
- Will maintain the natural,...
- Will reduce damage caused by...
- Easy to apply with any pump sprayer.
- It doesn’t take too long to dry completely.
- This brick sealer lets the water stay on top after rainfall without penetrating the concrete.
- It soaks into the brick pretty well, and the coverage is acceptable.
- This brick sealer is non-toxic and can be used on literally anything, including cement birdbaths and stuff.
- Keeps the original color of the brick after applying.
- As it works below the surface, it doesn’t make the surface slippery.
- It’s breathable and features low VOC. That means it’s equally environmentally and human-friendly.
- It helps in preventing weed and moss growth.
- You can apply this brick sealer to various paving types.
- An easy-to-understand instruction manual comes with the package.
- The price is a bargain.
- If you expect some glow after using this brick sealer, don’t use it.
- It doesn’t offer multiple colors.
Foundation Armor is a well-known brand in manufacturing sealants and water-based paver sealers.
This SX5000 WB silane-siloxane-type brick sealer is not an exception. It’s a water-repellent sealer, perfect for applying on a brick surface.
The silane-siloxane mix in this brick sealer is relatively high enough to make it a heavy-duty brick sealer.
It doesn’t harm the environment, and you can use it using any sprayer.
The coverage it provides is quite enough to steal the show. It covers about 175 square feet per coat per gallon.
It takes about half an hour to dry, which is quite a short drying time.
Whether this brick sealer is pricey is a moot point to some extent. I personally believe Armor SX5000 WB provides excellent value for the money. You won’t regret giving it a try.
#2. Foundation Armor SX5000 Brick Sealer Reviews
- Won’t change the look,...
- Works entirely below the...
- Reduces surface water...
- Reduces damage caused by water...
- Reduces damage caused by snow,...
- Doesn’t change the original color of the paver.
- It’s quite a plain sailing task to apply this sealer with any ordinary sprayer or roller.
- This brick masonry sealer penetrates the surface deep enough to ensure durability.
- Its ability to reduce weed and moss growth is worth noting.
- The water beads up and drains off efficiently after using this brick and masonry sealer.
- It starts working immediately and doesn’t take long to dry.
- You can use this brick and masonry sealer on different paving types.
- It covers a substantial area per gallon.
- Due to its low VOC formula, it’s not harmful to the environment.
- The instruction manual that comes with this sealer is easy to understand.
- The price is quite reasonable.
- This brick masonry sealer doesn’t work well in preventing rust or stain.
- Perhaps, as it’s a solvent-based sealer, it sometimes tends to damage the hose or sprayer.
- No gloss. (This is not a drawback, though).
Foundation Armor SX5000 is mainly used on brick and masonry. That’s why I keep this brick sealer/masonry sealer on my shortlist.
Although it’s one of the brick sealers, you can use it to seal other unsealed surfaces like flagstone, slate, concrete, etc.
This masonry sealer keeps the original color of the brick walls or any paving type and doesn’t make the surface slippery.
It covers up to 175 square feet per gallon in one coat if it’s a porous surface and up to 200-225 square feet per gallon in one coat if it’s a smooth surface.
Altogether, this Foundation Armor SX5000 brick sealer is another heavy-duty masonry sealer at an affordable price.
You should give it a go if you are looking for a high-quality brick and masonry sealer without worrying about the price.
Foundation Armor makes everything inside the USA.
#3. Foundation Armor WL550 Brick Sealer Reviews
- Water repellent...
- Breathable, low VOC, single...
- Water repellent...
- Breathable, low VOC, single...
- It makes the surface shiner than before and brings up the stone color efficiently.
- This brick sealer works equally well on both new and old surfaces.
- Breathable, non-yellowing, and UV resistant.
- The low VOC feature makes it an environment-friendly solution.
- Easy to apply. Any novice won’t face any problem applying it properly.
- The water beads up after rainfall as per the expectation.
- This solvent dries super fast. (That’s why better to use it at the end of the day when there is no direct sunlight).
- It doesn’t leave behind a slippery surface.
- This brick sealer excels in preventing weed and moss growth.
- No gloss, as it works beneath the surface.
- The smell is a tad strong and remains noticeable for at least 24 hours.
Foundation Armor WL550 is another solvent-based paver sealer that makes the surface shiner after application.
This doesn’t create any glossy look. However, after a week or so, it gives a semi-gloss look.
Like some other users, I also suggest wearing a mask while applying to get rid of the strong fume.
The coverage is up to 175 square feet per gallon in one coat for a porous surface and 200-225 square feet per gallon in one coat for a smooth surface.
Pro Tip: Remember, WL550 is not a coating but a penetrating sealer. You should not apply it over any other previously used sealer.
This brick sealer’s price is similar to the other Foundation Armor sealers I listed here.
Compared to other brick sealers in the industry, Foundation Armor costs a bit more.
However, the performance justifies the bill pretty well, for sure.
Moreover, as it’s a USA-based company and knows what it takes to make a USA-compliant sealer, I believe giving this brick sealer a try at this price won’t be a wrong decision.
#4. Dominator SG+ High Gloss Brick Sealer Reviews
- COLD WEATHER WARNING: Do not...
- PROTECTS against oil stains...
- GREAT COVERAGE RATE: 250-400...
- Breathe easy with DOMINATOR...
- EASY spray on application...
- Two different sizes of jars are readily available.
- It’s easy to apply with any standard sprayer or roller.
- This brick sealer gives high gloss to the surface after applying it correctly, and it can restore the color of the paver pretty well.
- It can cover a substantially large area per gallon per coat.
- It’s a water-based sealer and exceptionally environmentally friendly.
- Non-yellowing, UV-resistant, features low VOC.
- No solid or foul odor, as it’s a water-based sealer.
- This brick sealer shines in stabilizing the joints, preventing weed and moss growth.
- It offers a water-repellent feature that helps it to prevent water penetration.
- The price is quite reasonable compared to its competitors.
- A bit slippery when it’s wet, and you should use an anti-slip additive to eliminate the issue.
- The drying time could have been shorter.
- Not suitable for clay and stone paving types.
Unlike the other paver sealer I’ve reviewed above, this Dominator SG+ gives a glossy look once applied to any paving type, including brick walls.
One of the coolest benefits of this brick sealer is that it can protect the surface from oil stains, which I believe helps it steal the show.
This brick sealer can cover per gallon per coat is 400 square feet. No doubt, this much coverage sets itself apart from the crowd.
Overall, this brick sealer is undoubtedly a cost-effective solution.
Moreover, you can buy either 1 gallon or 5 gallons of the jar per your need.
The good thing is the 5 gallons jar will save you a significant amount of money per gallon.
Should you try this paver sealer for brick walls or not? – I believe you try this one considering the performance and coverage.
#5. LastiSeal Reviews
- Unsurpassed Protection and...
- Water-based, Eco-Friendly,...
- Easy Application – Spray,...
- Protects outdoor/indoor brick,...
- Bonds and strengthens,...
- Applying this sealer with either sprayer, brush, or roller is a breeze.
- Environment, human, and pet friendly.
- This brick and masonry sealer is an expert in hardening brick walls.
- A versatile brick and masonry sealer that works on multiple paving types.
- It offers adequate coverage.
- Durable, as per most of the other user’s reviews.
- This brick and masonry sealer penetrates the surface well and doesn’t allow efflorescences, weeds, etc., to come out.
- It doesn’t create any yellow haze and doesn’t turn the surface white or any other color after application.
- Breathable, non-slippery, non-flammable.
- It’s reasonably priced.
- No significant difference in appearance after applying. (This is sometimes a benefit, though).
LastiSeal brick masonry sealer is mainly made to work well on brick walls and concrete surfaces.
It’s relatively thin, and you can easily apply any sprayer or roller to apply this sealer.
It gives coverage of 150-250 square feet on average for both brick walls and concrete surfaces.
Pro Tip: This brick masonry sealer doesn’t give any wet or slick look. It doesn’t bring any change to the appearance.
So, if you want a wet look, this is not the ideal brick masonry sealer.
The price is comparatively lower than the brick sealers I’ve listed here.
The container is also pretty convenient to handle. The coverage is not the best, but not that short, either.
As a whole, considering its ability to perform well on a brick paver; you should give it a chance.
#6. A-Tech Masonry & Brick Sealer Reviews
- Seals Brick from Water...
- Meets ASTM E-514 for Water...
- 100-150 sq. ft./gallon-Easy...
- Stops Efflorescence by...
- Eco-Friendly Water-based...
- Low VOC
- No odor
- Perfect for residential and commercial use
- Eco-Friendly Water-based Formula
- It doesn’t make the surface slippery
- Easy to apply
- It doesn’t discolor brick
- A bit hard to apply
- Not meant for oil protection or salt
- Moderate coverage
This sealant will help protect your brick from water penetration and keep them looking as beautiful as it did the day they were installed. It’s easy to apply, eco-friendly, and has low VOC levels, so you can feel good about using it indoors or outdoors!
If you want to ensure that your home lasts for generations without worrying about maintaining your brick exterior, then this product is perfect for you! Get yours today before supplies run out!
Brick is a timeless building material that has been used for centuries. But it’s also porous and can be damaged by water, so you must seal it.
The A-Tech Masonry & Brick Sealer 5 Gallon Pail-Natural Look Brick Waterproofing is the perfect solution for brick sealing!
It’s natural-looking, low VOC, non-toxic and odorless, UV resistant, and easy to clean. Plus, it meets ASTM E-514 for water repellents, so your bricks will stay dry even when they come in contact with rain or snow. Coverage is 100-150 sq. ft./gallon, so this product should last a while!
You won’t regret making this purchase because of how long the coverage lasts and how well it protects your brick from damage caused by water penetration. This product will save you time and money in the long run – not to mention keep your home looking nice too!
Have you ever had a leaky brick wall?
You’ve come to the right place. A-Tech Masonry & Brick Sealer 5 Gallon Pail is what you need!
This sealant will keep your bricks from getting wet and is easy to apply. It comes in an eco-friendly water-based formula that won’t harm your environment or leave any toxic residue. Plus, this option is UV resistant and easy to clean up after application.
This sealant is perfect for you if you want a natural finish with no gloss! The low VOC means it’s safe for indoor and outdoor use on patios and walkways. And did we mention that it’s non-toxic? So apply this sealant without worrying about harming yourself or anyone else around you!
#7. KILZ L390201 Review
- A good masonry sealer protects...
- KILZ Interior/Exterior Sealer...
- Use KILZ Liquid Masonry Sealer...
- This sealer can be applied...
- This is a 1-gallon can of KILZ...
- Excellent coverage
- High-gloss sheen
- Easy application
- Reasonable price
- Dries quickly (within an hour)
- Perfect for Ceramic Tile.
- Not suitable to use in high moisture areas like pool decks
- Suitable only for horizontal surfaces
Have you ever been to a house with peeling paint and wondered how it got that way?
The answer is simple. They didn’t seal their masonry surfaces. A good masonry sealer (1 gallon) protects and beautifies concrete, brick, and other masonry surfaces; the formula is a high-gloss acrylic-based sheen great for protecting the surface from water damage, cracking, spalling, preventing stains, and as well as yellowing.
It also protects against mold growth on porous surfaces like stone or brick. It Covers 250-400 square feet per gallon!
With this product, you can save your home from unsightly cracks in the future by sealing it today! And don’t worry about getting it wet because this product has a waterproof finish that will last longer!
You’ll be glad you took care of your home before those cracks show up later. Plus, there’s no need to hire someone else when we’ve already done all the work for you! All you have to do is apply it yourself – easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Do you have a brick or concrete wall in your home?
You might not know it, but these surfaces are porous and can absorb stains from the air. That’s why we recommend applying a sealant to protect them from water damage, yellowing, spalling, cracking, etc., as well as prevent stains. It’s also essential to use a high-gloss acrylic-based sheen for protection against discoloration and staining. KILZ L390201 wet-look finish is perfect for this!
As this one covers 250 – 400 square feet per gallon, you don’t need to worry about running out of sealant before finishing the job.
And with its high gloss acrylic formula that won’t yellow over time like other products on the market today do, you’ll be able to enjoy your beautiful masonry surface for years to come without worrying about it getting dirty again anytime soon!
Have you ever seen a house with a beautiful brick exterior and wondered how they got it to look so good?
The answer is simple. They used KILZ L390201 Masonry Sealer! This high-gloss acrylic-based sheen protects the surface from water damage, yellowing, spalling, cracking, etc., as well as prevents stains. It’s also great for giving your home that wet-look finish.
You’ll never have to worry about ugly discoloration or unsightly cracks again when you use this product on your masonry surfaces. Get yours today and enjoy the benefits of having an attractive home for years!
#8. Interior/Exterior Brick Sealer Reviews
- MASONRY SEALER - Works as Both...
- CREATES AN ATTRACTIVE CLEAR,...
- MAKES INTERIOR BRICK WALLS...
- MINIMIZES BRICK DUST ON...
- WATER-BASED MASONRY SEALANT -...
- Value for the money
- Creates an attractive clear, satin sheen
- Suitable for both interior and exterior
- Easy to clean
- Low odor
- Minimizes Brick Dust
- Dries quickly
- Moderate coverage
- Suitable only for vertical surfaces
Brick is a beautiful, durable material that can last for centuries. But it’s not always easy to keep clean or look its best.
MasonryDefender MASONRY SEALER – Works as both an Exterior Brick Sealer, Interior Brick Sealer & for All the Masonry Walls. This SEALANT will make your brick walls easier to maintain and less dusty.
This product also creates a clear satin sheen that looks attractive and minimizes dirt buildup on interior bricks.
The surface will be dry to the touch in 1-2 hours with a low odor, so you can return to enjoying your home sooner! It covers 80-150 sq ft per gallon, so there’s enough sealant here for most projects around the house.
This is a Brick sealer, brick cleaner, and brick dust remover in one!
MasonryDefender is a water-based sealant that works as an interior and exterior glue for all masonry walls. It creates an attractive clear, satin sheen on the surface of your bricks while also making it easier to clean them.
If you’re looking for a way to keep your bricks looking their best without spending too much time or money, this is the product for you!
With MasonryDefender’s easy application process, you’ll be able to save time by not having to scrub down your bricks every day because they’re so dirty from dirt build-up or grime buildup from rainwater runoff!
Plus, if you have any issues with mold growth on your exterior brick wall, this product will help prevent that as well, thanks to its antimicrobial properties! You won’t regret investing in Masonry Defender today–it’s worth every penny spent!
Brick walls are a beautiful thing. But they can be a pain to clean.
You don’t have to worry about that anymore! MasonryDefender is the perfect solution for you and your brick walls. It’s water-based, so it won’t damage your bricks or leave them looking dull like other sealants might do. And it’s easy to apply – spray on and let dry for 1-2 hours before using again if necessary.
Your home will look better than ever with this clear, satin finish sealant that makes cleaning easier too! Go get yours today!
#9. CHIMNEYRX Masonry Chimney Brick Sealer Reviews
- Dries clear
- Environment-friendly and water-based
- Simple to use
- Excellent value for the money
- Works both on vertical and horizontal surfaces
- American-made top-notch sealant
- Perfect for protecting the chimney
- Reasonable price
- Not waterproof
- Moderate coverage
Your chimney is a beautiful feature of your home. Don’t let it get ruined by water damage!
ChimneyRX Masonry Chimney Water Repellent will keep your masonry looking new and prevent deterioration caused by water.
It dries so you won’t have to worry about altering the surface appearance of your chimney. And it’s easy to use – spray on with a pump sprayer!
You’ll be saving money in the long run because this product is value for money. So don’t wait another minute before ordering today!
If you have a masonry chimney, you must protect it from water damage.
You don’t want your beautiful brickwork to be ruined by water penetration. That’s why we recommend CHIMNEYRX Masonry Chimney Water Repellent.
It is the best way to keep your chimney looking new and prevent deterioration caused by water. The product dries completely clear so that it won’t alter the surface appearance of your chimney or other masonry surfaces.
Protect your investment in bricks and mortar with this high-quality, long-lasting, environmentally friendly product that will ensure they look great for years to come!
We are confident that this is the best value for money out there because this product lasts up to 3 times longer than any other competitor’s products available today!
Your chimney is a significant investment. It’s essential to keep it in good shape and to look great for years to come.
CHIMNEYRX Masonry Chimney Water Repellent helps you do just that! This water repellent prevents water penetration in masonry chimneys, keeping them looking new and preventing deterioration caused by water.
Plus, this product dries completely clear – so your chimney will look as good as new without altering the surface appearance of the brick or mortar.
And best of all? It’s easy to use! Simply spray on with a pump sprayer and watch it work its magic! You can get yours today at an affordable price, too – value for money guaranteed!
#10. Chimney Brick Sealer Reviews
- CLEAR PROTECTION – Provides...
- WATER SEALANT – Water-based,...
- POWERFUL CHIMNEY SEALER –...
- EASY TO APPLY – First step...
- 5 YEAR WARRANTY –...
- Powerful Chimney Sealer
- Clear protection
- Water Repellent
- Simple to apply
- Commercial grade
- Prevents Water Leaks
- Dries quickly
- Value for the money
- Moderate coverage
- Suitable for vertical surfaces only
You know that brick sealer you’ve been meaning to get?
MasonryDefender is the best way to protect your chimney from water damage. It’s a clear, water-based siloxane sealer that provides long-lasting protection and prevents leaks.
And it dries in 2-6 hours! That means you can apply this product any time of day or night without waiting for days before using your fireplace again.
If you’re looking for a chimney brick sealer, you’ve come to the right place.
MasonryDefender is a water-based siloxane sealant that provides long-lasting protection against moisture and stains on masonry surfaces.
It’s easy to apply and dries quickly so that it won’t leave any unsightly residue or mess. Plus, this product is water-repellent!
We know how important your home is to you, so we want to ensure it stays in good shape as much as possible.
That’s why we recommend Masonry Defender Chimney Brick Sealer – Clear Protection at an affordable price with fast shipping!
Your chimney is leaking water, and you don’t know what to do.
If you want your chimney leak-free for the next ten years, this sealant is perfect! It will also keep your home warmer during the winter, preventing drafts from coming through the cracks of your brickwork. You can apply it yourself with no mess or fuss and save money by doing so!
So why not give it a try? The Masonry Defender 1 Gallon Chimney Brick Sealant has everything you need with just one purchase. Get yours today!
Best Brick Sealer Buying Guide
Here are some of the best brick paver sealer buying factors that you should consider before buying one for the brick paver.
Quick-drying time is essential as you have to apply two coats to complete the sealing properly.
So, first of all, the brick sealer needs to dry quickly between the coats, and finally, it shouldn’t take more than 48 hours to dry completely after the installation.
If the brick sealer doesn’t give enough coverage, it won’t be a cost-effective solution.
Any high-quality, cost-effective brick sealer should cover at least 175 square feet per gallon per coat for a porous surface and 200-225 square feet per gallon per coat for a smooth surface.
No matter which type of brick sealer you are going to use (solvent-based, water-based, acrylic-based, wet look, etc.), it must have to be both environment and human-friendly.
Any brick sealer that boasts low VOC (volatile organic compounds) is friendly to the environment and humans compared to the ones that don’t offer this formula.
The brick sealer needs to penetrate the surface deep to work from as much beneath the surface as possible.
Being non-slippery is a must-have attribute for any brick sealer. Otherwise, it’s going to cause serious injury to anyone.
If you find the brick sealer is a bit slippery, don’t forget to mix a non-slip additive with the brick sealer.
If the brick sealer has a strong odor, it won’t be easy to apply it conveniently.
If it produces strong fumes, a gas mask must be worn.
To avoid all these hassles, applying a sealer that doesn’t produce a strong odor is better.
#1. How many pavers do I need?
Answer: The general formulas and procedures for calculating the pavers required for a driveway or patio are as follows –
- First, calculate the area of the patio. Area = length*width.
- Then find out the effective length and width of the brick. Effective brick length = brick length+amount of spacing between the bricks, brick width = brick width+amount of spacing between the bricks.
- Multiple effective lengths and widths of the brick divide by 144. Let’s say the result is D.
- Now, the number of pavers you need = area/D.
Example: Area = 190 sq ft. The amount of spacing between the pavers is = 0.5”. The brick length = is 6”, and the brick width = 3”. So, the effective brick length = is 6.5”, and the effective brick length = is 3.5”. So, D= (6.5*3.5)/144 = 0.157.
That means you need 190/0.157 = 1210.19 = 1211 bricks.
#2. How many pavers do I need for a circle?
Answer: To find the number of pavers required for a circle, first, you have to figure out the size of the blocks you will use for that circle. The block size varies from 5″ to 24″ in length.
Let’s say the block size is 6″. So in feet it’s = 6/12 = 0.5
Now, you have to calculate the circle block’s radius to find out the perimeter of the circle.
For instance, if the radius is 15 feet, then the perimeter = 2*3.14(pi)*15 = 94.2 feet.
Next, divide the perimeter length by the block size = 94.2/0.5 = 188.4 blocks = 189 blocks.
#3. How many pavers do I need for a fire pit?
Answer: Finding the number of pavers you need for a single layer of the circle is quite a straightforward task.
First, find out the diameter of the circle. Let’s say the diameter is 5 feet. So, in inches, it’s 60″.
Now, multiply the diameter by 3.14(pi). So, 60*3.14 = 188.4”
If you use 4″ x8″ bricks, then the number of bricks you need for a layer of circle = 188.4/4 = 47.1. So, you need about 48 pavers.
#4. How many pavers do I need for a patio?
Answer: Calculating the pavers you need for the patio is not an uphill task.
First, calculate the area of the patio—the area A = length*width.
Let’s say the area is 170 square feet.
Now measure the effective length and width of the paver/brick. To do so, add the amount of spacing between the pavers with both the size and the width.
For example, if the length is 6″, the width is 3,” and the gap is 0.5″, then the effective size is 6.5″ and 3.5″.
Calculate these numbers and divide them by 144. So, (6.5*3.5)/144 = 0.157 sq ft.
So, the number of pavers required = 170/0.157 = 1082.80. That means you need about 1083 bricks. Better arrange at least 5% extra brick than the required amount.
#5. How long does a sealer on a brick paver patio to dry?
Answer: Generally, it takes at least 24 hours to completely dry a sealer on a brick paver. It’s better if you don’t allow any vehicle traffic before 48 hours of applying the sealer.
#6. Who makes the sb-1300 and sb7000 brick paver sealers?
Answer: Both these sealers are manufactured by SEK Surebond.
#7. How to install a brick paver sealer?
Answer: The first and foremost task is to check the weather forecast. There shouldn’t be any rain on the day and at least the next two days of installing the sealer.
Considering the time required for surface preparation, you need at least four consecutive sunny/dry days.
Before you install the brick paver sealer, you first have to clean the surface thoroughly with preferably a pressure washer.
You can use any high-quality paver prep solution or cleaner to clean the surface entirely and remove all the dirt and grimes. Don’t forget to blast all the previous sand joints and rewash the surface to remove any residues.
Wait for at least one day to let the surface dry, and then move to the next step.
Pour the sand on the surface and then use a push broom to spread the sand between the brick joints.
Use a garden hose and sprayer to apply water on the surface to activate the polymers inside the sand and form a strong bond.
Let the surface dry for at least one day again, and then move to apply the paver sealer.
If you are applying a water-based sealer on the brick walls, you can use a pump sprayer to apply the sealer on the paver surface.
Use a circular motion to apply the sealer all over the surface. Make sure you are covering every block and joint. Use a roller to backroll the sealer to distribute it evenly.
Wait until the surface gets dry before you apply the second coat. After using the second coat, let the surface dry for at least two days before you allow any vehicle traffic.
#8. Where to buy lastiseal?
Answer: You can buy from amazon, home depot, and other online and offline platforms.
If you want to buy the best brick sealer that gives the most coverage, then Dominator SG+ is the one you should get your eye on. It provides a high-gloss look too.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a water-based sealer that keeps the previous color of the surface and doesn’t give any gloss, go for the Foundation Armor SX5000 WB.
Despite having some drawbacks, all the brick sealers I’ve listed here excel in quality and get the job done perfectly.