A few days ago, you applied a concrete sealer that was of bad quality. Now, your countertop looks fragile, disgusting, and seems like the age of your countertop is around thousands of years!
You are in deep worry since it already lost its whole appearance. But as we are here, you can leave all your stresses and worries aside, guess why?
Because we are providing you the best concrete countertop sealer that will help you in making your countertop classy, alluring, and glossy. Cast that junk away and pick up anyone from our list to get a good result.
Read on each and every part of this article, including the review, buying guide, and FAQ section, to get a clear idea concerning concrete sealers.
5 Best Concrete Countertop Sealer Reviews
In a nutshell, you have to get the perfect concrete sealer for offering a new life to your countertops. So, let’s move straightaway to the reviews to know which one is going to suit your requirements.
#1. GlobMarble XS-327C Review
- Concrete Countertop Sealer XS-327 Matte. 1 Kit. Excellent heat resistance. Withstands temperatures up to 300°F
- Concrete water-base sealer - modified acrylic co-polymer emulsion that doubles as a membrane forming curing compound and a long-lasting sealer, especially formulated for architectural applications. Concrete Water-BaseSealer quickly dries to a semi-gloss, non-yellowing and durable barrier against moisture, oil and most stains. Concrete Water-Base Sealer is a milky white liquid that sprays on blue and dries clear on any horizontal concrete surface.
- MIXING RATIO 3 parts “A” to 2 parts “B” (water maybe added see raos below). COVERAGE Approximately 100 ft² per qt. (9.3 m² per 0.9 L) of catalyzed and diluted product 4 mils wet / completed system 2 mils cured
- WINTER FREEZE WARNING: This product could be frozen during shipping. We provide the shipping of the sealer with FREEZE PROTECTION. Please contact us to receive additional information.
- ALL TAXES, DUTIES AND LOCAL FEES AT THE DESTINATION COUNTRY WILL BE PAID BY BUYER. OUR SHIPPING COST INCLUDES DELIVERY TO A DESTINATION ADDRESS ONLY. ALL GLOBMARBLE PRODUCTS ARE SHIPPED FROM THE UNITED STATES
- Dries out very soon
- Suitable to use on numerous surfaces
- Simply covers 100 sq. ft.
- Offers a classy appearance
- Packs minimal odor
- Includes a stain-resistance feature
- It’s a bit pricey
On the very first, we’ve got the XS-327C from GlobMarble, which is a crowd-puller and deserves to be in the first place on our list. It packs plenty of striking features to stay in your preference list.
Speaking of quality, the GlobeMarble XS-327C is made of high-quality ingredients to make this sealer efficient for your sinks, countertops, patios, garage floor, walkways, or other places. And when it comes to coverage capacity, it can easily be able to cover around 100 square feet of area at a go.
The masterpiece can withstand up to 300°F of temperatures. On top of that, it is a food-safe concrete sealer, which means you can keep your daily foods on top of your countertop without facing any issues.
In order to ensure a glossy and classy look, it provides clear polyurethane along with a matte finish. And thankfully, it can protect your countertop from food stains and scratches.
Compared to the typical ones in the market, it dries out rather quickly. Why? Because it is a water-based sealer, which is pretty simple to apply as well.
Delivering less odor is another great feature of this product that could be an advantage for those who have breathing issues. Without a doubt, this particular sealer can be an excellent addition to your upcoming concrete-sealing projects.
This particular sealer could be a good pick for your upcoming projects, whether you are going to use it on countertops, garage floors, patios, walkways, or anywhere else.
While using it, you will not have to end up with odors or toxic smells. The best part? It is stain-resistant, so you can say goodbye to scratches, food stains, or such type of issues forever!
#2. Cheng Concrete Sealer 500 Ml Review
- Food-safe + Water-based + Non-toxic = CHENG Concrete Sealer, Coverage = 30-40 Sq Ft
- Ideal for Concrete Countertops, Integral Sinks, Fire Places, and Furniture
- “Hybrid” Technology that Penetrates Deep into the Concrete Leaving a Lustrous Surface Finish
- WINTER FREEZE WARNING: This product should NOT be frozen, please DO NOT order into freezing areas
- OVERNIGHT SHIPPING is recommended for winter in cold climates.
- Compatible with most of the areas
- Non-toxic with zero odor
- Able to cover around 30-40 square feet
- Inexpensive choice
- Ensures a glossy surface with its hybrid technology
- Not much friendly with the cold environment!
Wondering about getting a versatile concrete sealer that can do it all? Then pick up this particular model of Cheng Concrete with your eyes closed. Not for countertops only, but you can use this versatile sealer on fireplaces, integral sinks, and furniture as well; pretty impressive, right?
It itself includes no odor, which could be a big plus for those who are suffering from breathing problems or such types of diseases. Besides, the sealer is water-based, so you can apply it on your countertop within a snap.
To make it more friendly to you, the makers made it completely toxic-free and food-safe. So, you do not have to worry at all, even though you have children or pets inside your house. It penetrates quite deep into the concrete in order to ensure a glossy surface finish, a big thanks to its “hybrid technology.”
It definitely can cover around 30-40 square feet in one go, which could be more than enough for your mid-sized countertop. Without spending too much penny, you can get this efficient concrete sealer, luckily.
We are fond of its unique “hybrid technology,” which is responsible for assuring a glossy, beautiful-looking surface. Since it is non-toxic and offers zero odor, you won’t have to worry about your kids or pets touching it.
#3. SureCrete XS-327CG Review
- Semi-Gloss formulated sealer has a slight sheen to enhance your Concrete, Soap Stone, Flag Stone, Raw Travertine, and Sand Stone Counter top surfaces.
- XS-327 Penetrating sealer protects your counter tops from food stains, scratches and water absorption and also provides an abrasion resistant finish for years of durability.
- Excellent heat resistances, withstands temperatures up to 300°F
- Low odor Water-Based Technology makes it the ideal coating for indoor applications that require a low VOC sealer. (<50g/l)
- (100 sq. ft) Concrete and Stone Counter-Top Sealer 1 Quart Kit
- Protect countertops from food stains and scratches
- Ensures natural shine
- Withstands 300°F or so
- Covers up to 100 square feet of area
- Less odor and dries out too soon
- Might have to spend some extras to get this one!
Still keeping up with the top concrete countertop sealer reviews, here we are with another water-based concrete sealer that is capable of protecting your countertop from scratches and food stains. When we talk about durability, versatility, and reliability, SureCrete XS-327CG takes a good position. Let’s see what you can get from it.
First thing’s first, this semi-gloss sealer packs a decent amount of sheet for enhancing the beauty of your concrete, raw travertine, flagstone, and soapstone countertop surfaces. In a word, it is able to increase the overall beauty of your countertop.
The thing that we like about this sealer is its weather-resistance feature. It easily withstands around 300 Fahrenheit of temperature that makes it one of the strongest and versatile sealers out there.
The coverage capacity? You can cover up to 100 square feet, you see. Besides, since it is a water-based sealer, it dries out within just a few minutes, thankfully. This will offer less odor. For which, it’s one of the most ideal picks for indoor uses.
The thing that makes it stand out is its durability; it has got the ability to protect your countertop from scratching or food staining issues. Besides, the chance of wearing and tearing is pretty less, thankfully.
#4. GlobMarble XS-PC12C Review
- Concrete Countertop Sealer XS-PC12
- Concrete solvent based sealers are specially formulated hybrid solvent based coating designed for application over completed concrete sealer surfaces (concrete countertops, cement based terrazzo, GFRC). Concrete solvent based sealers provdes a low-VOC, penetrating film forming, color enhancing, high gloss, wear surface.
- Although suitable for residential applications, creates commercial grade abrasion resistance for he concrete countertops, fireplace surrounds, shower panels, floor tiles, wall panels, based surfaces, driveways, garage floors, patios, walkways, pool decks, stucco, and concrete block.etc
- PACKAGING XS-PC12 "A" - short filled quart can XS-PC12 "B" - short filled 1?2 pint can .
- MIXING RATIO 3 parts “A” to 1 part “B”. COVERAGE Approximately 100 sq.
- Packed with hybrid technology
- Totally food safe
- Offers better protection by reducing scratches or stains
- Delivers a classy look
- Withstands enough heat
- Overall good except for exterior uses
On number 4, we are featuring another efficient concrete sealer from GlobMarble that is rich in quality and capable of delivering better service. This particular choice includes hybrid technology, allowing you to get a smooth and glossy surface.
No need to stay limited on just countertops, you can use this masterpiece on shower panels, fireplace surrounds, walkways, garage floors, patios, and tons of different places.
And guess what? The sealer is food safe, which enables you to keep your daily meals on top of your countertop safely.
The sealer could be more than enough to erase all kinds of scratches and food stains. Definitely, it can give a new life to your countertop by improving the overall look. The way of applying it is a piece of cake!
Like our previous model of SureCrete, it is highly capable of withstanding around a temperature of 300°F, which seems pretty impressive. Without facing any issues, you will be able to cover up 100 square feet of area.
This particular concrete sealer is food safe, allowing you to keep your foods on countertops without any worries. The applying process is another plus, which requires minimal efforts. On top of that, it can easily cover approximately 100 square feet.
#5. Rocklinite Labs CECOMINOD069855 Review
- Satin Finish Sealer covers 45-60 square ft per 750ml bottle
- Water-based formula is FOOD SAFE & NON-TOXIC and has no VOC’s
- Specifically designed for Concrete Surfaces such as Countertops & Sinks
- Detailed application instructions supplied with every purchase
- Tuff Duck penetrates deep into the concrete while leaving a durable shell on the surface
- Small yet cover around 45-60 square feet
- As cheap as chips
- Toxic-free and equips a food safety feature
- Ensures permanency and beauty at the same time
- Ideal for all types of sinks and countertops
- Not the best choice for large areas!
We’re going to wrap up the list by showing you our last and final pick from Rocklinite Labs. It is the most pocket-friendly choice out there, which could be a better option for those who are unable to bear some extra fortune.
It comes with a 750 ml bottle with a coverage capacity of about 45-60 square feet. So, if you are going to buy a sealer for small or mid-sized countertops, then it could definitely be a better choice for you.
Compared to the traditional sealers, it is pretty easy-peasy to apply. Plus, the sealer is food safe and non-toxic. Consequently, you will not have to face any kind of risk while using it.
Since it is a water-based sealer; it takes a pretty short time to dry it out entirely. The manufacturer designed it, especially for sinks and countertops.
We highly recommend this model if you cannot afford additional costs. It packs a non-toxic and food safety feature and ensures a better surface finish at the same time. So, you can use it in a hassle-free way, whether you have pets or children at home.
Concrete Countertop Sealer Buying Guide
Picking up the best concrete sealer is not an easy task, as there we have tons of models with different features and benefits.
If you want to know which one is better and which one is going to suit your surface, make sure to check out this guide that is packed with a few core factors. And these factors will definitely help you in making a good purchase.
While you go for buying a sealer, you might see a few models with expected wear times. You need to know how long it can protect your countertop from food stains, scratches, or wear and tear.
If you feel comfortable to reapply the coat again and again, then this feature is not that necessary for you. On the other side, if it seems pretty annoying to you, then picking out a sealer with expected wear times should be very important.
Check the Size of Your Surface
Checking out the size of your surface is a must before buying a concrete sealer. The sealer that you want to purchase should be perfect for your countertop. Or else, you might have to get another one to seal your patios or countertops.
Consider taking a measuring tape (or another thing for measuring) in order to measure your entire surface. After getting the size of that area, make sure to pick up a sealer that goes with it.
Food Area Safety
Do not forget to choose a sealer with food area safety, for which you can keep your foods in sealed areas. Around the marketplace, you will find numerous models with a specific ‘food-safe’ logo. If you have children or pets and want to avoid undesired accidents, then selecting a sealer with food area safety is a key; yes.
If you need a sealer just for your countertops, then you can ignore this feature. On the contrary, if you are looking for a sealer for your patios, walkways, or garage floors, then definitely, you have to go with the one that is compatible with outdoor uses.
In that case, you will see a couple of models with an individual logo that indicates whether the sealer is safe for outdoor appliances or not. In case you apply indoor sealers on your walkways or patios, the surface might lose its appearance within a few days because of the rain and sunlight; so, bear that in mind.
Always make sure to pick up the odorless sealer, especially if you have breathing issues. But unfortunately, most of the sealers are packed with a strong smell. So, before going to buy a concrete sealer, check out the “LOW ODOR” logo so that you can get rid of that issue.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
#1. What is the best sealer for concrete countertops?
Answer: According to our in-depth research and customer ratings, GlobMarble XS-327C stands out from the rest. This masterpiece is made of high-quality ingredients, and ideal for both interior and exterior uses. It is food-safe, easy to apply, and dries out soon too.
#2. What should I use to seal my concrete countertop?
Answer: Keep in mind, countertop sealers and floor sealers are not the same. Even though both look almost similar, but their functionality is totally different. So, make sure to pick out the right countertop sealer for your concrete countertop.
You can get yourself the Rocklinite Labs CECOMINOD069855 if you need to use a sealer specifically for your concrete countertop.
#3. How many coats of sealer do I need for concrete countertops?
Answer: It is okay to apply a single coat on countertops. But if you want to get the best result, make sure to apply two coats of sealer. Keep in mind, you have to wait for a while between putting each coat to let the surface completely dry. By utilizing this technique, you might get your desired result, hopefully!
#4. How soon can you seal concrete countertops?
Answer: Whether you are using water-based sealers or anything else, you will not have to expend hours and hours to accomplish this task. In general, you can seal countertops within 2-3 hours or so.
#5. How often should you reseal concrete countertops?
Answer: It depends on your use. Usually, it is best to reseal countertops every 2-3 years for assuring perfect maintenance. In case you wait for more than 3 years, the coat will start to lose its real appearance!
#6. How do you prepare concrete countertops for sealing?
Answer: Before sealing, the first duty is to prepare your countertop. In that case, you should follow these ways and techniques below:
- At first, you have to eliminate grease, oil, dust, or stains from the concrete
- Tear off existing sealers from the surface
- Ensure to open the concrete by applying the etching solution
The part of countertop-preparation is almost done. For sealing purposes, you can:
- Take the assistance of a sprayer or roller for applying a coat of sealer, and it should be thin as well.
- Wait for a while for drying it out.
- Go for a second coating after drying.
Even though the sealing task is done, you should wait for a few hours to get it completely dry.
#7. Can you use polyurethane on concrete countertops?
Answer: Of course, even polyurethane is one of the best things that you can use on your countertops or walkways. It basically packs a thick layer of sealer that provides better protection against all kinds of stains and scratches. Alongside, polyurethane offers less odor, which could be an advantage for most users.
We are completely done with our top 5 best concrete countertop sealer reviews. Hopefully, you have no more confusion after reading our reviews and comprehensive buying guide.
Well, always make sure to apply the right things in the right places. If you need a sealer just for your countertops, then you should consider picking up a sealer, which is compatible with indoor uses.
On the other side, if you need a sealer for versatile use, then purchasing a sealer for both interior and exterior uses will be a wise decision. So, without further ado, move on to the marketplace to get the one that suits you best.
#1. Best Stamped Concrete Sealer Reviews (Top 3 Picks).
#2. Top 6 Best Travertine Sealer Reviews with Buying Guide.
#3. Top 5 Best Basement Wall Sealer Reviews with Buying Guide.
#4. Top 5 Best Marble Sealer Review: Our Top 5 Picks.