Can you name a place that is highly useful but highly neglected at the same time? Any guess?
Okay, let us give you a hint. It’s in your house. Didn’t get it yet? It’s the granite countertops of your kitchen we’re talking about.
Have you checked it out lately? It has started to look like a battlefield with tons of stains all over.
Seems some of the places have started to lose their appealing color as well.
This is what happens when you don’t take using the high-quality granite countertop sealer seriously. Now please don’t tell us you didn’t see that coming.
Anyways, bygones are bygones. But if you really don’t want to mess it up anymore, then you better get what you need in the first place.
As you’ve missed getting the best granite sealer so far, we’re going to get that to you. All you have to do is just check out the list of the toppers we made and pick your own.
Don’t forget to check the frequently asked questions.
Best Granite Countertop Sealer Reviews of 2021
Let’s see the comparison of some of the best granite sealers on the market.
The marketplace offers tons of options for every product. But we know that you don’t have the time to try them all, at least not in the case of granite countertop sealers.
So, here’s the list we told you about, where we believe you’ll get your right one. Let’s start.
#1. Trinova Best Granite Sealer and Protectant Review
- ✅ Professional Quality Stone Care – TriNova’s Granite Sealer & Protectant offers a premium sealant and caring solution for your premium stone surfaces, including marble. Whether you’re looking for a sealing product for the first time or a resealer for long-lasting protection, this product can give your granite surfaces the before and after results you want to see. Great for Quartz, Marble, Granite, Quartzite, and Soapstone.
- ✅ Advanced-Action Stain Protection – This spray uses a powerful blend of polymers to penetrate the stone’s naturally porous surface to block out stains from seeping in and becoming permanent. By doing this, TriNova’s Granite Sealer also provides a protective layer on top of the granite to prevent water spotting and to keep other residue from sticking.
- ✅ Enhancing Formula for Gloss & Shine – TriNova’s Granite Sealer & Protectant is essential when the time comes to treat all types of stone and to enhance surfaces for a polished and natural look. It also works miracles on grout to guard against stains that develop between your shower or bath tiles that can be the most difficult to remove with your hands and a sponge, no matter how hard you scrub.
- ✅ Do the Water Test - The best test to see if your granite needs to be sealed is to put drops of water in certain sections of your granite and wait 30 minutes. If the granite absorbs the water, you need to reseal. If not, your granite is protected. However, we still recommend using the Granite Sealer at least once a month to prevent stains from happening in the future.
- Ensures superior protection against stains
- Comes with a low odor
- Has an easier application process
- Can be used over different granite surfaces
- Keeps the granite surface shiny and glossy
- Easy to apply
- Completely safe to use
- Not the most inexpensive one
- Requires regular application for the best output
- Has to be buffered after application
The first one that has been able to hit our toppers list is none other than the best Granite Sealer and Protectant from Trinova.
When it’s all about shining up your perfect countertop, you just can’t go for anything that offers less than perfect ease, effective formula, and solid protection.
Thankfully, this stone sealer got all of them in.
Isn’t it the protection you’re asking for? So, this best Granite Sealer is going to get you that in the first place with its powerful polymers blend.
It builds the protective layer over the granite surface, leaving no chance of staining, whether it’s from acid or water.
Maybe it’s the odor that makes you feel like puke while using the best granite sealers. But the good news is, that ain’t going to happen if you’ve got this one on your hand. That’s because it keeps the odor so low that your nose won’t even feel it.
Didn’t we mention the word ‘Ease’ earlier? It’s because this stone sealer is so convenient with the application that you won’t even feel like you’re working. All you have to do is just spray, buff, and wipe it dry after 1-2 minutes.
Have you made the countertop with Quartz, Marble, Quartzite, or Soapstone? It doesn’t matter anyway as this quality sealer from Trinova can keep up with all of them.
So, even if it’s not granite but made of anything we’ve just mentioned, no stains still got a chance to be there.
And if you like the countertop shining forever like a light bouncing armor, it can fulfill that wish too. Once you put that on your granite surface, you won’t be seeing the glossy and shiny vibe fade away any sooner.
#2. Granite Gold GG0036 Sealer Review
- BEST GRANITE SEALER – Granite Gold Sealer creates a barrier which provides maximum surface protection against stains from oil, water, coffee, wine and many other liquids, and protects against etches and soil build up.
- USE ON MANY COUNTERTOPS – This sealing spray is formulated for all stone surfaces. It will provide long-lasting protection on granite, marble, travertine, limestone, slate, grout and all other natural stone.
- EFFORTLESS APPLICATION – Simply spray the granite countertop sealer on a 3-foot section of your stone surface and immediately wipe with a lint-free cloth. Repeat 2-3 times for maximum protection, waiting 20 minutes between applications.
- SAFE TO USE ON FOOD SURFACES – Superior sealer is non-toxic, non-acidic and contains no phosphates or ammonia. It is biodegradable, pH balanced and safe to use on surfaces where food is handled.
- WHY GRANITE GOLD? – Granite Gold Inc. is a family owned company with a long history of stone care expertise that spans three generations. This spray is proudly made in the USA.
- Protective against stains from almost any liquid
- Non-acidic, non-toxic, and biodegradable
- Can get dry just within 20 minutes
- Comes with the food-safe feature
- Easy to apply
- Requires 2-3 times application for better protection
- Need to renew the seal annually
- Has a minor odor but it goes away with ventilation
Imagine dropping a piece of food on your countertop. With the absent mind, you picked it up and ate it without realizing that a portion of harsh chemicals went into your stomach with it.
Doesn’t sound like a pleasant scenario, does it? Well, that ain’t going to be the scene if you’ve used the GG0036 quality Sealer of Granite Gold.
But that’s not the only reason for putting it on our list of toppers. Along with being food-safe, this stone sealer has the ability to protect the granite surface from anything like oil stains, water, and coffee stains.
Even if you’ve mistakenly dropped your favorite wine over it, there’s no way of getting a stain there.
But if you think it’s only good enough against the stains only, then put soil build-up and etches in that chart too.
By the way, its drying time has added an extra star on it. Just wipe it after spraying, and within just 20 minutes, you’ll have one of the most protected countertops right before your eyes.
Now it’s time for the wow factor. You might’ve imagined about sealer that is non-acidic, non-toxic, toxic, odor-free, and biodegradable.
But the manufacturers turned it into reality with the GG0036 by putting them all in it. So, if you’re expecting it to be a threat to your kitchen’s safety, you better kick that thought out.
Just because from the beginning you’re only seeing the word ‘granite’ again and again, doesn’t mean it can’t go with the other granite surfaces.
Marble, slate, grout, travertine, limestone, or any other natural stone, you just name it, and it’ll put its armor of protection all over the place.
#3. Rock Doctor 35106 Granite Sealer Review
- For use on granite, marble and other natural stone surfaces
- Penetrates deeply to bond with natural stone and provides a long lasting, natural barrier against moisture and other elements
- Water based sealer—also excellent on grout
- One can will seal approximately 100 square feet
- For use on granite, marble and other natural stone surfaces
- Can penetrate deeper for better protection
- Capable of covering a wider variety of granite/stone surface
- Good at ensuring protection against moisture
- Easy to apply
- Dries up within a short time
- Doesn’t come with a greater capacity
- Might have to buy more frequently than other sealers granite
- Requires regular cleaning to keep it shining
Do you like it compact and easy, yet don’t want to compromise on the performance? Then it’s probably the 35106 best Granite Sealer from Rock Doctor you’ve been looking for.
Its superb protective performance backed by perfectly efficient design is what has led it to this list of the finest.
It’s tough to start with any single feature as there’s a ton of them that deserves to be discussed first. Yet, we’ll begin with its wider coverage as we don’t know what kind of stones your countertop is made of.
This 18 oz. can easily cover any natural stone/granite surfaces, including marble.
And want to know how much area it can cover? 100 Sq. Ft.! This means even with that much capacity you can reseal your countertop several times easily.
Besides, this water-based sealer has already proved its awesome level of excellence on grout.
There’s more to it. Its deep penetration ability helps it to bond with the stones and protect them for a longer period of time.
So, from now on, you can say goodbye to worries about anything like moisture or other elements. Once you put it on your granite surface, you can forget about resealing it again for at least a year.
Team Rock Doctor knows that you’re not a fan of any complicated application process.
So, they’ve kept this one plain and simple as well. Just pick it up, shake it, spray it, wait for two minutes, wipe it in a circular motion and you’re done for the next 365 days.
#4. Black Diamond Stoneworks Granite Sealer Review
- EASY TO USE GRANITE SEALER Long Lasting Protection- Professional Results Spray it on and wipe it up!
- PROTECTS YOUR GRANITE against oil, coffee, food, wine, grease, ink and germs
- NON-TOXIC, NON –CORROSIVE IMPREGNATOR Designed, Tested and USED by stone care professionals SAFE FOR FOOD CONTACT, Water-Based Can be used interior or exterior
- LOW ODOR SEALER FOR GRANITE, stone, concrete, grout and concrete. Apply Sealer let it penetrate and just wipe off excess – so easy to do!
- Non-toxic and non-corrosive
- Resistant to scuffing and scratching
- Protects against stains and germs
- Doesn’t contain any lousy odor
- Has no harsh chemicals within
- Easy to apply
- Doesn’t have the longest lasting period
- Requires frequent application for better result
- Dries slightly cloudy
We don’t believe that you haven’t seen the name ‘Black Diamond’ while you were scrolling for your next countertop sealer earlier.
So far, you probably have seen sealer that can only save your granite surface from stains. But the best Granite Sealer from Black Diamond has taken it a step ahead with shielding it from germs as well.
Corrosion or toxicity, the existence of any one of them in a sealer, is more than enough to push it into the ‘wrong sealer’ segment. So, to bury their root of perfection deeper, the manufacturer has made it not only non-corrosive but also non-toxic at the same time.
But if you’re thinking that’s all with this sealer, then maybe you’ve forgotten to check out its features like resistance to scuffing and scratching.
This means, even if your kid accidentally bangs something hard on it, you won’t have to deal with any scratches all over at least.
Unlike the heavy-duty granite sealers with bigger containers, this one comes in a spray bottle. So, nothing will be stopping you if you need to go for action immediately after getting this one on your hand.
By the way, what do you think about lousy odors in the best granite sealers? Yes, we’re talking about the one that punches the nose real hard.
Don’t worry; your nose is safe this time as this sealer doesn’t come with any foul odor. To be honest, you might love the infused lemon scent in it.
And the safety part? Well, this water-based sealer doesn’t contain even a bit of harsh chemicals.
So, expecting it to be harmful is nothing but a waste of time. And what to say about its deep-penetrable formula? It goes in so deeper that not even a drop of water can get into the stone, even if you’re keeping it wet for the whole day.
#5. TriNova Granite Sealer Review
- ☑️ DESIGNED FOR STONE - cleans effectively without damage unlike general or all-purpose cleaners that can cause dulling. Works great on all premium stone type including granite, marble, quartz, soapstone, quartzite, and more!
- ☑️ ENHANCES SHINE - leaves an attractive shine on any stone surface while also dealing with most common messes and spills. Professional strength revitalizer for your counter top, cleaning for laminate, corian, travertine, slate, formica, silestone and more.
- ☑️ NO RESIDUE OR HAZE - your stone will have a mirror-like surface even under bright kitchen lights. Streak free finish thanks to high tech products.
- ☑️ PROFESSIONAL QUALITY STONE CARE – TriNova’s Granite Sealer & Protectant offers a premium sealant and caring solution for your premium stone surfaces, including marble. Whether you’re looking for a sealing product for the first time or a resealer for long-lasting protection, this product can give your granite surfaces the before and after results you want to see.
- ☑️ ADVANCED-ACTION STAIN PROTECTION – This spray uses a powerful blend of polymers to penetrate the stone’s naturally porous surface to block out stains from seeping in and becoming permanent. By doing this, TriNova’s Granite Sealer also provides a protective layer on top of the granite to prevent water spotting and to keep other residue from sticking.
- Comes with Advanced-Action Stain Protection
- Adds extra shine on the granite surface
- Contains a pleasant scent within
- Doesn’t let any liquid penetrate the stones
- Has a quicker drying time
- Easy to apply
- Not the cheapest in the market
- Need regular application for better output
- Requires buffering after application
Team TriNova has struck again but this time with something bigger and better. TriNova thought of not only shielding up your countertop but also cleaning it up before you go for the final sealing.
So they’ve come up with a Granite Sealer bundle pack that grabbed another slot on our list.
You’ve already heard about the awesomeness of the Granite sealer of TriNova, so there’s not much to tell you about it again.
This granite sealer is super easy to use.
Its superb anti-stain formula brings your countertop under its solid protection where no liquid can put a bite of stains on it. The Advanced-Action Stain Protection is what deserves all the applause for that.
And the look? This sealer will make the countertop look so natural that you won’t even feel like the stone is aging or not. On top of that, its super protective layer doesn’t let any liquid penetrate the stone no matter how long you’re leaving it there.
Moreover, its compatibility with natural stones like granite, soapstone, quartzite, marble, quartz made it simply irresistible as the perfect sealer.
And the drying time? Just give it a couple of minutes and no one will know if you’ve put something on the stone or not.
Now it’s time to have a glance over the granite cleaner. Do you know the best way to mess up your stone’s surface?
No, keeping it unsealed is not the only way to do that but sealing it with dirt all over can do that too.
So, to terminate that hazard once and for all, team Trinova added the cleaner on this pack.
It can make your countertop so clean and shiny that you might find some bouncing light on it but not any residue or haze.
Plus, the pleasing scent will make you forget about the irritating odors that you’ve dealt with in your last cleaners.
Granite Countertop Sealer Buying Guide
If you were thinking lately that none of the best granite sealers differs from each other, then sorry to say, but you’re on the wrong track.
No all of them can deliver equal performance or protection. This means you’ll have to deal with the hazard ‘variation’ once again.
But this time that ain’t going to be that much difficult. That’s because we’re about to tell you how you’ll find out the best sealer for granite countertops in no time.
All you need to do is just check out certain factors for the best results. Let’s get started then?
If you make the list of reasons for using a granite countertop sealer, then we bet this one will be on the top.
There’re lots of enemies of your countertop waiting to make it stain. So to save it from all of them, make sure the product has a powerful anti-stain formula.
You might love to see a lot of things on your countertop. But we don’t think a layer of toxic chemicals is on that list.
So, you need to make sure the one you’re bringing in doesn’t have a pile of harsh chemicals that can cause you health issues. Moreover, they’re not good for the environment as well.
Each and every product that you get for your kitchen has to be Food safe. The same goes for granite countertops sealers as well. So, before you make the purchase, check out if it’s food safe or not.
Ease of Application
The easier the better — that’s the rule if you want something for direct application. It’s no different for granite countertops sealer too.
So, if you don’t want much of a hazard on that part, go for something that has fewer steps on the application for best results. And for some extra ease, pick one with a spray bottle.
Number of Coats
If the sealer has to be applied with too many coats, then be sure that going to eat up a ton of your time.
Plus, it won’t be cost-effective as well. That’s because if you’ll use it so many times, it won’t last as long as the single-coat one. So, try to pick a sealer that works with a single coat.
Preserves Natural Beauty
Who doesn’t love to keep things natural and new? We know you do too. This is why while grabbing a product to seal your countertop, you’ll have to prioritize its capacity to keep the natural beauty intact.
Otherwise, you might get a sealer but lose the visual appeal.
Imagine, every time you enter your kitchen, your nose tries to shrink in and that’s because of your granite sealer. If you don’t want that for real, do two things.
First, pick a sealer that comes with low/no odor or a pleasant scent. Two, ensure proper ventilation while using it.
Time for Drying
How long can you keep yourself away from the kitchen? Because if you’re laying your hands on a sealer that takes 24 hours to get dry, then forget about entering the place any sooner.
So to pass this hazard, pick a product that requires not more than a couple of hours to dry up.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question #1. What is the best sealer to use on a granite countertop?
Answer: As almost all the granite countertops sealers claim that they’re better than everyone else, it’s tough to find out who’s telling the truth. But performance speaks for itself. Depending on the type of performance you’re looking for, the best will vary for you accordingly.
We’ve reviewed the finest products in the market above, from where you can grab the heavy-duty granite countertop sealer with no effort. They all are meant to deliver greater protection along with preserving the natural look of your countertop. So, picking any of them surely won’t be a decision to regret.
Question #2. Should I seal my granite countertops?
Answer: As granite countertops can stain and face tons of issues with time, sealing them is definitely the best option here. Let us explain why you need to do this. At first, you want the granite surface to look good as new. So, sealing will save it from fading away on its appearance.
The second reason is, it’ll save the granite surface all the stains from water, spills, or acids. This way you’ll not only remain headache-free but also will have the guarantee of having an intact countertop for a long time. But make sure that you’re renewing the sealing after a certain time.
Question #3. Can you permanently seal the granite?
Answer: Yes, it’s possible to seal the granite permanently, but it’s quite a hectic process. On top of that, you might need some expert’s help over there as well. So, you’ll have to lose some bucks there too.
On the other hand, using granite countertops sealers makes it so easy that you can do it all by yourself. And you won’t have to do that too frequently as well. So, this way you can save yourself from both hassles and costs.
Question #4. How often are you supposed to seal granite countertops?
Answer: None of the sealers for granite countertops can save the granite surface forever. So, you need to renew them after a certain period of time. But you just can’t predict the resealing time on the basis of any certain duration. Some users think that it’s better to seal every 6-12 months, but that’s definitely not the case.
To be sure about the resealing is required or not, you better go for the water test. In this test, drop some water on the granite surface and see for 30 minutes if it’s penetrating the granite or not. You’ll see it getting darkened if the water goes in. If you see that happening, go for resealing.
Question #5. How do I clean my granite countertop and make it ready to apply the sealer?
Answer: The cleaning process of the countertop ain’t that hard as it’s pretty much the same as regular cleaning. Take a clean cloth at first. Make sure that it’s a lint-free one because when you’ll be using the sealer over the granite surface, you don’t want any lint to stuck there.
Now take the cleaning spray and spray it all over the countertop. Then wipe it thoroughly. Make sure there’s no dirt on the granite surface. Now let it get dry and once it’s dried up, it’ll be ready for the application of the sealer.
Question #6. What happens if you don’t seal the granite?
Answer: Natural stones are usually quite sturdy and made for the long run. But that doesn’t mean they don’t need any maintenance and that maintenance part includes the sealing as well.
The first thing that’ll happen if you don’t seal the granite is, you’ll have to deal with the stains from different liquids. As kitchen countertops often come in touch with liquids like water, coffee, or juice, the granite surface got a higher possibility of getting stained.
Secondly, it’ll lose the natural look gradually. As everything fades away with time, so do granite countertops, especially when you don’t take care of them.
Question #7. How do you permanently seal granite countertops?
Answer: At first, clean the granite properly. Use the right cleaner and lint-free cloth to clean it thoroughly. Now let it dry. Once you’re done there, put on your gloves and ventilate the kitchen or bathroom. Now pick the seal and start applying it on the granite surface. Make sure it’s reaching all over the granite/stone surface properly.
Wait till the stone is absorbing the cleaner and sealer completely. Now if the granite surface requires a second coat, go for it, and once you’re finished, wipe it properly. Don’t touch or put anything on the countertop for the next 48 hours.
Question #8. What is the best product to seal granite countertops?
Answer: Our recommended is StoneTech BulletProof Sealer.
Question #9. Is there a permanent sealer for granite?
Answer: The answer is yes. You can use a permanent bond sealant.
If you take care, things sustain more than you expect them to. Like everything else, it’s the same for granite countertops as well.
So, if you really don’t want to make a big mess of your beautiful countertop, you better do whatever makes it look and last better, including sealing it with the high-quality granite countertops sealer.
As you now know which ones are leading on the top, you’re less prone to make a mistake there.
So, now it’s on you which one you’re going to use to shine up your countertop with.
Go get one of the best stone sealers on the market.
#1. Best Stamped Concrete Sealer Reviews in 2021: Top 3 Picks.
#2. Best Brick Sealer Reviews in 2021: Our Top 5 Picks.
#3. Top 8 Best Concrete Sealer Reviews in 2021.
#4. Top 6 Best Travertine Sealer Reviews With Buying Guide.
#5. Best Basement Wall Sealer Reviews with Buying Guide: Top 5 Picks.
#6. Best Teak Sealer Reviews with Buying Guide: Top 5 Picks.