Last Updated on May 19, 2021 by Heenan
Stone surfaces are one of the most popular materials for flooring and countertops because they are durable, low maintenance and have a timeless look.
The Stone surface is porous so that it can absorb spills or stains.
Stone sealers come in many different formulas to protect from these types of damages and seal the stone’s pores preventing any other type of water damage such as absorption or erosion.
These top 8 stone sealers reviews will help you find the right product to protect your investment while providing a beautiful finish.
Stone sealers are a necessity for any home that has stone surfaces or stone tiles.
There is an array of options to choose from when it comes to what types of stone sealer you want, but the most important factor should be how well they protect your stone.
How do you know what the best sealer for natural stone is?
We put together this list to help you find the right one!
If you have a stone surface or stone tile and want to keep it looking new, we recommend using one of the best sealers for stone.
Our list includes top-rated products by consumers and professionals alike.
10 Things you need to consider before buying the best natural stone sealer-
- Types of stone sealers
- Life expectancy
- Environment-friendly or not
Best Stone Sealers Reviews For 2021
#1. Best Flagstone Sealer: Armor WL550 Stone Sealer Review
- Water repellent...
- Will last for up to 3-5 years...
- Shipping & Returns This...
- Armor WL550 is premium quality and rigid composition that will not crack or peel.
- It is made from non-recycled US manufactured resins.
- Armor WL550 provides breathable protection for your home’s exterior.
- It has a low VOC to ensure you are using a product that is environmentally friendly.
- This stone sealer can be applied with either a garden sprayer or brush. You can apply it by hand if desired as well. The application process is easy and quick!
- Just apply one coat every year (or as required).
- You don’t need any special tools or equipment – just use what you already have in your garage!
- This is a professional-grade stone sealer that provides maximum protection against water absorption.
- This clear sealer is designed to be used on high traffic surfaces and will not yellow or crack.
- It is water-based so it is easy to clean up with soap and water after application.
- Made in USA.
- Moderate coverage (in porous surfaces one coat up to 175 FT2/gallon, in smooth surfaces one coat up to 200-225 FT2/gallon)
- A bit Expensive
If you own a natural stone surface, you know the struggle.
You want to protect your investment but it’s hard to find a product that can withstand harsh elements like rain and water absorption.
Armor WL550 is specially formulated with advanced technology using high-quality sealants to provide exceptional protection against water damage for up to 5 years!
This means fewer cracks and chipping, saving you money on costly repairs down the line.
If you’re looking for a solution that will last longer than other stone sealers on the market without sacrificing style or durability, then Armor WL550 is perfect for your needs!
This professional-grade stone sealer protects against staining from oils and dirt while repelling harmful UV rays that fade colors over time.
And best of all its stain-resistant formula makes cleaning easier than ever before.
Stone is a natural and beautiful material, but it can be delicate. It absorbs water like a sponge and will crack if it freezes.
If you want to maintain the beauty of your stone surfaces, you must seal them regularly with Armor WL550 Matte Wet Look professional-grade stone sealer.
Foundation Armor uses only the highest quality ingredients in their products so they have a longer-lasting effect against water absorption and freeze-thaw cycles while still maintaining breathability for outdoor applications.
It can be applied quickly with no mess or odor because Armor made sure to keep VOCs low enough to meet California standards for indoor air quality.
Pro Tip: 1: Make sure not to apply with a roller for best results. For even coverage, one coat should be applied.
Pro Tip 2: To ensure proper absorption of the Armor WL550 into your stone surfaces try only applying in early evening hours (around 5 PM or later).
#2. Best Outdoor Stone Sealer: DOMINATOR Stone+ Review
- Keep a clean, WET LOOK, LOW...
- EASILY MAINTAIN the beauty of...
- Breathe easy when applying...
- Your money goes farther with...
- EASY spray on application...
- Stone+ is a professional-grade, breathable stone sealer that will protect your stone from harmful elements.
- It’s non-yellowing and can be applied to damp surfaces.
- You can use it as a joint stabilizer too!
- It has different jar sizes available so there’s one for everyone.
- With a 400 – 800 square feet per gallon coverage rate, this product will last long (up to 5 years!).
- Quick Start Guide is included with purchase!
- This product delivers long-lasting protection without yellowing or cracking over time like other products on the market today do.
- No bad odor or strong fumes
- Excellent technical and customer support
- Restores Faded Colors
- Easy Application
- Low VOC
- As it is slightly sticky, we are recommending using a pair of gloves during the application
If you want to keep your outdoor stone looking new, it’s going to take a lot of work.
Beads and water spots are a pain in the neck. They make your stone look dirty even after you’ve cleaned it. And they’re tough to get rid of without damaging your stone or using toxic chemicals that could be harmful to people and pets.
1 Gallon DOMINATOR Stone+ is an easy-to-use professional-grade stone sealer that will give you a wet look finish while protecting your stone surfaces from UV damage so they can retain their color for years to come.
It goes on quickly and easily with no foul odor or VOCs, which means there’s no need for gloves or respirators when applying this product!
Outdoor stone is beautiful, but it can be difficult to maintain.
Outdoors’s stone is vulnerable to weathering and discoloration from the sun’s UV rays.
This makes your outdoor space look dull and unattractive.
It also increases the risk of damage due to water penetration, which can lead to costly repairs or even a need for replacement down the line!
The 1 Gallon DOMINATOR Stone+ Gloss Satin Finish Stone Sealer will keep your outdoor stone looking shiny and new with a WET LOOK finish that lasts up to 5 years!
Its proprietary formula keeps water out while enhancing color so you don’t have to worry about fading or discoloration in the future.
DOMINATOR uses only premium materials so you get incredible results without sacrificing quality!
Use on any type of natural stone including granite, marble, limestone, travertine & slate (even brick!). No foul odor like other stone sealers.
#3. Best Impregnating Stone Sealer: Stain-Proof Plus for Natural Stone
- DEEP CLEANING: Our powerful...
- REINFORCED PROTECTION: Our...
- BREATHABLE: This formula...
- MAXIMUM STAIN REPELLENCE: This...
- VERSATILE: Our sealer works on...
- Stain-Proof Plus Premium Impregnating Sealer for Natural Stone is the Best stone sealer wet look on the market today, and it’s perfect for indoor, outdoor, commercial and residential use.
- This stone sealer will protect your surfaces from water vapor escaping and moisture building up.
- It also won’t alter the natural look of your stone while providing a wet look finish.
- And with a 25-year warranty in place, you’ll be able to enjoy this product for years to come without worry!
- It’s made of an advanced polymer that penetrates and seals the surface, so it won’t wear off or wash away.
- The stone sealer also protects against water vapor and acid etching.
- This stone sealer will make sure that any stains are gone from your marble countertops forever!
- High VOC
- A bit expensive
Natural stone surfaces are beautiful, but they can be hard to maintain.
A lot of natural stone sealers on the market only treat the surface of your countertops or floors, leaving dirt and grime trapped deep within the material.
Stain-Proof Plus Premium Impregnating Sealer for Natural Stone is a professional strength formula that penetrates through dense granite and marble to reach areas that other products can’t touch.
This impregnating sealer protects against water, salt, oil stains, and damage from everyday wear and tear.
It’s also breathable so moisture won’t build up inside the material causing mildew or mold issues in your home or business.
In addition to all these benefits, this premium sealer has 3 custom sealing molecules for 3 levels of penetration into different parts of your counters or floors depending on what you need the most protection from!
Granite and marble are beautiful, but they’re porous. They can stain easily and absorb liquids that seep through to the surface, causing damage as well as unattractive white marks.
This stone sealer helps you keep your stone looking its best by protecting it from stains caused by everyday use such as cooking oils or accidental spills like wine or coffee.
It’s also engineered to protect your stone from moisture buildup so you don’t have to worry about unsightly white rings forming on the surface of your countertops or around faucets in sinks where water tends to pool up after being used.
It even protects against salt build-up so you never have to worry about it.
#4. Best Limestone Sealer: Miracle Sealants 511QT6 511 Stone Sealer
- For use inside or out on a...
- Formula is oil and water...
- Covers up to 1,000 square feet...
- Offers superior coverage,...
- Easy application and will not...
- Miracle Sealants 511QT6 511 Stone Sealer is the perfect product to use on all of your stone surfaces.
- It’s cost-effective and easy to apply, so you can save time and money without altering the natural look of your stone.
- This stone sealer provides long-lasting results while protecting against stains and making surfaces less slippery.
- Miracle Sealants 511QT6 is a water-based, penetrating sealer that provides long-lasting protection for natural stone.
- It’s designed to be used on both interior and exterior surfaces including marble, granite, travertine, limestone, slate, and terrazzo.
- This stone sealer will not alter the natural look of the surface yet enhances its beauty with a protective coating that resists staining from oil or water.
- It’s UV transparent so it won’t yellow over time as other products do!
- It has a toxic smell.
- Dries slowly.
- Applying on grout is not recommended.
No matter what type of stone you have in your home, it can be damaged by water and stains.
Miracle Sealants 511QT6 511 Stone Sealer is a highly effective sealant that protects against water damage, staining, and slippage on any stone surface.
This formula offers superior coverage to protect the entire area of the stone from future damage.
The sealer creates an invisible barrier that prevents moisture penetration into the surface for maximum protection against everyday wear and tear.
It is oil-and-water resistant to create a lasting finish that lasts up to five years with proper maintenance.
A professional-grade sealer like Miracle Sealants 511QT6 511 Stone Sealer will keep your floors looking great for longer than DIY products or cheaper versions found at big box stores.
This product provides long-lasting protection so you don’t have to worry about constantly cleaning up after spills or accidents around your home or business.
Water, dirt, and stains can ruin the look of your flooring by wearing away at it.
The grout between tiles is especially vulnerable to these elements because it’s not as strong or sturdy as the tile itself.
With so many different types of flooring materials available today, you need a sealer that will protect them all without damaging their appearance.
Miracle Sealants 511QT6 511 Stone Sealer does just that with its water-resistant formula that creates an invisible barrier for protection from water, stains, and slippage on most surfaces.
This oil-and-water resistant formula seals your floors against damage caused by moisture and other common hazards while still allowing the beauty of each material to shine through.
It covers up to 1000 square feet per quart for superior coverage.
#5. Best Exterior Stone Sealer: Aqua Mix Sealer’s Choice Gold Quart
- Aqua Mix Sealer's Choice Gold...
- Water-Based Formula is a...
- Ideal for granite, limestone,...
- Designed for use in food prep...
- Provides stain protection and...
- It’s water-based and easy to apply, so you don’t have to worry about harsh chemicals or strong odors. Plus, it offers a natural look that won’t change the color of your original stone!
- With just one coat of sealant, you can protect your travertine from stains and spills for up to 15 years! And with multiple coats applied over time, you can achieve an even better finish that will last for decades.
- Aqua Mix Stone Sealer’s Choice Gold Quart is an excellent choice for food preparation areas because it has the ability to withstand high temperatures and acidic foods such as tomato sauce.
- It may also be used on interior or exterior applications with great results!
- This stone sealer requires multiple coatings in order to have a good finish.
When it comes to sealing natural stone, one of our recommended brands is Aqua Mix.
The problem is that there are so many products out there and they all claim to be the best at what they do.
This can make choosing a sealer difficult for homeowners who want their home’s floors or countertops to look great for years on end.
With Aqua Mix Stone Sealers Choice Gold, you get a product that has been around forever because it works!
You won’t find any harmful chemicals in this formula and you’ll love how easy it is to apply with your mop or sprayer.
It provides a beautiful shine without being too shiny and its water-based formula means that once applied, the sealant will not change the appearance of your stone tiles or other stone surfaces when you clean them down later on down the line!
Newly installed stone floors, countertops, and walls need to be sealed or they will stain easily.
The most common sealer in the market is a high-gloss lacquer that can look unnatural on natural stone surfaces.
It’s not easy to find a low-sheen sealer for tile or masonry applications.
Aqua Mix Stone Sealers Choice Gold is an ideal solution for sealing porous tiles, marble, granite, and other natural stones without changing their original appearance.
This penetrating sealer provides excellent protection from staining while allowing the surface to breathe so it doesn’t get slippery when wet.
It’s also designed with built-in mildewcide technology that helps prevent mold growth on grout lines over time – even after cleaning with harsh chemicals!
All of this makes it perfect for use in food prep areas where hygiene is a priority. If you’re looking for a low sheen flooring sealant that will last long then go for it.
#6. Best Stone Tile Sealer: All-Purpose Stone Sealer by MasonryDefender
- Clear, Water Repellent...
- Waterproofs and Protects...
- 100% Breathable - Doesn't Form...
- Water-Based/Eco-Friendly -...
- 5 Year Warranty on Vertical...
- This water repellent is totally clear and provides a long-lasting non-glossy coat to concrete, masonry, and stone surfaces.
- It protects stone surfaces from pitting or cracking caused by de-icing salts.
- Simply spray the sealer onto a clean surface with a low-pressure pump-up garden sprayer for excellent protection of exterior brick, concrete, and stone surfaces.
- It comes in different container sizes (1 gallon and 2.5 gallons).
- You will get a 5-year warranty on masonry and vertical concrete surfaces.
- Moderate coverage (90-150 square feet per gallon)
- Not recommended for stamped concrete.
- Thin and runny.
Water stains on your brick, concrete, or stone can make it look old and worn.
The problem with many stone sealers is that they use silicone to create a waterproof barrier.
Silicone forms a hard film and traps moisture which causes pitting, cracking, and delaminating of the surface underneath.
This creates even more work for you down the road when you have to re-seal again in order to protect your masonry from water damage.
Masonry Defender uses an advanced polymer technology that allows trapped moisture to escape while also repelling water without forming any kind of film on the surface.
Their products are soap & water clean-up so there’s no residue left behind once it dries!
They are also eco-friendly since they’re made with plant-based materials instead of harsh chemicals like most stone sealers out there today!
Concrete, brick, and stone are porous materials that absorb water.
When those pores fill with water, they can freeze and thaw repeatedly which causes the surface to crack or spall.
This is called freeze/thaw damage. It’s common in areas where temperatures fluctuate a lot during the winter months (e.g., Northern U.S.)
The best way to prevent this from happening is to waterproof your masonry surfaces before it happens so that water doesn’t get inside of them in the first place!
Unfortunately, most concrete and stone sealers don’t provide 100% waterproof protection against freezing rain or snowmelt because they form a thin film on top of the surface instead of penetrating into all of its pores (like Masonry Defender product does).
They also have a strong odor that makes using them difficult for homeowners who want their outdoor spaces to smell nice again after applying it!
That’s why we recommended all Purpose Concrete, Brick & Stone Sealers by MasonryDefender as the best sealer for natural stone tile so you don’t have to worry about your stone tiles/stone surfaces.
#7. Best Stone Floor Sealer: Mapei Ultracare Stone, Tile & Grout Sealer
- A solvent-based penetrating...
- Resists most water and...
- Specially designed for dense...
- For interior and exterior...
- Mapei Ultracare Grout Sealer is a solvent-based penetrating sealer that resists most water and oil-based stains.
- It’s specially designed with unglazed porcelain tiles, granite, and dense stones.
- For interior and exterior applications, this sealant lasts up to 5 years with easy application.
- A bit pricey
- Moderate coverage (125-250 square feet)
Natural stone and tile surfaces can be expensive to replace.
Maintaining your natural stone and tile is just as important as the initial installation.
Without proper maintenance, grout lines become dirty, dull-looking, absorb stains and discolor.
Over time, dirt particles are trapped in the pores of the surface causing etching that makes cleaning more difficult.
To restore these surfaces to their original beauty you have two options; professional polishing or sealing with a penetrating sealer like UltraCare Penetrating SB Stone & Tile Sealer.
Protecting your investment by using a penetrating sealer will extend the life of your natural stone floor or countertop without compromising its appearance or shine because it seals both sides of grout lines at once leaving them clean and stain-free for years to come!
When the grout is dirty or stained, it can make a room look dingy and dated.
It can also trap dirt, which makes cleaning even more difficult.
Once you’ve cleaned your tile and grout, the next step to keep it looking its best is sealing with Mapei Ultracare Penetrating SB Stone Tile & Grout Sealer.
This best sandstone sealer and penetrating sealer will help protect against the most common stains while making your tile shine like new!
Use this solution on all-natural stone surfaces including sandstone, grouts, masonry, stone tiles, slate, cement, marble, limestone, granite, unglazed porcelain, quarry tiles, ceramic tiles, etc.
After cleaning with this product let dry overnight before applying sealant. Make sure the surface is completely dry prior to application of any products that contain water such as paint.
#8. Best Stone Sealer for Shower Floor: Grout & Granite Penetrating Sealer
- ✔ PROFESSIONAL STRENGTH...
- ✔ WATER BASED SEALER:...
- ✔ VERY EASY TO USE: Apply...
- ✔ VERY LONG LASTING FORMULA
- Grout & Granite Penetrating Sealer from The Floor Guys is a professional-grade stone sealer that works well on the kitchen backsplash and mosaic tile.
- This penetrating sealer will last for years and protect your grout and granite from stains caused by oil, grease, dirt, water, and other substances.
- It’s made in the USA with a long-lasting formula that penetrates deep into porous surfaces to create an invisible barrier against staining agents.
- You won’t have to worry about water spots from cooking or cleaning up spills anymore! This product will make your life easier by protecting against stains while also giving you that beautiful sheen that makes any space look clean and fresh.
- Plus, this product is designed specifically for marble floors which means it’s tough enough to handle anything!
- Not durable
- Not recommended for granite
- One coat is not enough, takes 3 coats to work perfectly
Do you have a grout or natural stone surface that needs to be sealed?
The problem is, there are hundreds of products on the market and they all do something different.
Some will seal but not last long, some will last longer but not seal as well.
Most don’t stand up to heavy traffic such as in high-traffic areas like kitchens and bathrooms.
If your grout or natural stone surface has been stained from mold/mildew, soap scum buildup, hard water stains, etc., this product can help restore it back to its original state without scrubbing!
It’s strong enough for commercial applications yet safe enough for residential use.
You won’t find another product out there that does both sealing and cleaning at the same time!
This is also a great way to prepare surfaces prior to re-grouting (if necessary), just apply directly over old grout lines before applying new grout.
Most sealers are not very effective and can damage natural stone.
Many grout cleaners contain harsh chemicals that can discolor the tile or grout.
This penetrating sealer is a professional strength product that penetrates deep into the grout or stone without changing the look at all.
It’s water-based so there’s virtually no odor at all! Apply while standing up, just apply with a paintbrush taped to a broom pole for best results!
With so many options on the market, it can be challenging to find a stone sealer that will work best for your needs.
We’ve put together a comprehensive list of 8 top-quality brands and reviewed their features in detail above.
To make things even easier, we also included links to Amazon, where you can purchase these products with one click!
Are there any particular features you want to know more about before making your decision?
Let us know in the comments section below and our team would be happy to help!
You want to know which stone sealer is the best for your needs, but you’re not sure how to choose.
We can help! Our unbiased and objective reviews of the top 8 stone sealers should give you all the information that you need to make an informed decision.
Stone sealers are designed with different purposes in mind so it’s important that you identify what type of sealer will work best for your specific situation before making a purchase.
Make sure that any product reviewed on this site has been tested by someone who actually uses these products- we won’t review anything less than high quality!
Our team has gone to great lengths to research and compare the best stone sealants available.
We’ve considered factors like durability, ease of application, cost-effectiveness, customer reviews, and more in order to give you an honest and unbiased guide that can help you make your decision easier.
If this is a topic of interest for you or if there are other questions we can answer about these products feel free to contact us at any time!