With the rapid advancement of the modern world, every day there are companies growing here and there. And thanks to the gift of the internet, people get to know about these brands without even getting out of their bed.
One of these brands is Tekton and in this article, we’re going to talk about 5 best Tekton tools. After going through the entire article, we’re sure you won’t need another Tekton tools Review.
The reason is we’ll present all the facts plain and simple. You’ll decide if it’s the right choice for you or not. We’ll tell you about the good things and bad things.
So, without further delay, let’s start rolling-
Tekton Tools Review
#1. TEKTON 24340 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench Review
The Tekton 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench is certainly an excellent contender in the torque wrench market. With its help, you can easily tighten fasteners while maintaining the perfect accuracy.
Most importantly, you’ll get to ensure that the parts won’t get damaged while you secure them.
- Includes: 1-pc. 1/2 in. drive torque wrench; Storage case; Product manual with torque conversion chart
- Wrench emits a click that can be heard and felt when the preset value is reached
- High-contrast dual-range scale is easy to read, even in low light
- Reversible ratchet head drives in both directions and measures torque in clockwise direction
- Durable all-steel construction has no plastic parts to break or wear out
- Perfect calibration: The calibration of this torque wrench demands appreciation. You’ll get a +-4% calibration while using it on various vehicles and equipment. So, chances are you’ll get the perfect torque specification provided by the manufacturer. That means you won’t break or get damaged under stress.
- Works in a simple way: As you get to preset the wrench’s torque, you’ll get an alert whenever you reach the right torque specification. It’s more of a click than an alert. As soon as you hear that click sound, it means it’s time to stop turning. Simple, right?
- Easy to use: The scale is both high contrast and dual-range. It basically means that it’ll be a lot easier to read the scale, even when there’s no sufficient light.
- Reversible switch: The ratchet head can go both in both directions so that you get the perfect torque specification. Although it measures the torque in the clockwise direction.
- Sometimes suffers from heavy-duty usage: The torque wrench is quite good in terms of quality. But when you’ll make it go through 50+ cars a day, it’ll have a hard time. However, for day to day usage, it’s more than enough.
- Not ideal for reverse threaded connections: The thing is the torque wrench only works as a torque wrench when you tighten it. This is when it becomes an issue for reverse threaded connections.
It goes without saying that this torque wrench is a good quality tool. However, you can’t expect every tool to survive industrial level work. There are special tools made for that purpose. However, for homeowners and DIY guys, this is a great tool.
#2. TEKTON 1/2 Inch Drive 6-Point Socket & Ratchet Set
Whenever we think about the TEKTON 1/2 Inch Drive 6-Point Socket & Ratchet Set, we think of a complete package. To be frank, this socket and ratchet set has every size from 3/8 to 1-5/16 inch and 10 to 32 mm.
The best part is Tekton didn’t skip any sizes. As the main captain, you get a 90-Tooth quick-release ratchet. This is something not every ratchet and socket set will provide.
- Complete set has every size from 3/8 to 1-5/16 inch and 10 to 32 mm in both deep and standard lengths. Sockets included in deep and standard: 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, 15/16, 1, 1-1/16, 1-1/8, 1-3/16, 1-1/4, 1-5/16 in. And 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 mm; also included: 1/2 in. Drive 90-Tooth quick-release ratchet: 10. 5 in. ; 1/2 in. Drive breaker bar: 18 in. ; 1/2 in. Drive extension bars: 3, 10 in. ; 1/2 in. Drive Universal joint; storage case.
- 6-Point sockets apply force to flat sides of fasteners and not the corners, preventing round-off
- Extra large die-stamped size marking is easy to read and can’t wear off
- Polished, Chrome-Plated finish is easy to clean and highly resistant to corrosion
- Finely geared 90-Tooth ratchet needs only a 4-degree working swing arc
- Clear markings on every piece: You’ll find the rolled stamped markings on each and every piece of this set. In fact, the markings are permanently set on the pieces. The best part is the markings are noticeable even in low light conditions.
- No round-off for fasteners: Thanks to the perfect engineering of this toolset, all these have radiused corners. In simpler terms, it means that most of the force will be put on the flat side of the sockets preventing any fastener round-off in the corners.
- Shoulders are fully stepped: The diameters get smaller and smaller when you move on to smaller tools. This basically stretches on the surrounding of the socket so you get a tight hold.
- No corrosion or anything: All the pieces in this toolset are polished to perfection with a perfect chrome finishing. The chrome finishing makes it easier to clean the pieces. More importantly, it prevents any rust or corrosion.
- Could’ve had bigger markings: The marking quality and durability are quite good. But what good is it if you can’t read it properly? Our suggestion would be to focus on the marking quality for the smaller sizes. If you keep the same size for the sizes that certainly won’t go well.
- Needs better finishing: We’re not saying chrome finishes are the worst. But you do have to agree that chrome finishing’s wearing off faster. After some time, there will be scratches on all the tools and that’s exactly what happens with this toolset.
Tekton obviously tried their best to make a complete ratchet and socket set. But when you have to make budget cuts for a certain customer segment, there will be consequences.
Nonetheless, we’d suggest you check out the product yourself. At the end of the day, it’s you who’s going to buy the product.
#3. TEKTON Combination Wrench Set Review
The TEKTON Combination Wrench Set is similar to the previous product except for the fact that this set focuses only on wrenches. From 1/4 to 1 inch and 8 to 22 mm, this 30-piece set comes with every size available.
The pieces are stored in versatile storage where you’ll find them organized at all times. Most importantly, you’ll get to carry them anywhere you go.
- Open end is angled 15 degrees so the wrench can be flipped over to engage fasteners twice as often in tight spaces
- 12-point box end doubles the access angles of a 6-point and is offset 15 degrees to create clearance for fingers
- Box end opening is designed to grip flat sides of fastener heads, not corners, to prevent round-off
- Made of premium chrome vanadium steel with a mirror chrome finish
- Includes two Store-and-Go Keepers with space-saving folding handles and nonslip grippers to lock in wrenches
- 15-degree open end: All the wrenches in this set are angled at 15-degree. With this, you’ll have a much easier time working in tight spaces. To make it even better, this design actually lets you do more rotation with less effort.
- Perfect offset box end: You’ll notice that each and every wrench has a 15-degree offset box end. This basically means that you’ll have a sufficient amount of space for moving your hand around other objects.
- 12-point opening: With a 12-point opening, you get two times more access angles than with a 6-point opening. But that’s not even the best part. It actually reduces the number of rounds offs in the wrenches.
- Excellent storage: Well, it’s not really a storage case. It’s more like a folding handle that carries around the wrenches. But that’s what makes it so special. It’s easy to use and you get to carry it around wherever you go.
- The bigger wrenches need some work: Most of the wrenches in this are good except the large ones. We don’t know what happened but the Tekton quality control team really needs to look into this matter.
- Slippery swivel: While the length and quality of the wrenches need no extra compliment but they do need to work the swivels. Sometimes they come off when you tighten a fastener.
Overall, we can say it without a doubt that the Tekton wrench set deserves appreciation. And as we’ve always said, when you get down to a certain price point, you have to sacrifice some things. But before you take any final decision, why not check out the product yourself?
#4. TEKTON 1/2 Inch Drive Deep 6-Point Impact Socket Set
Looks like we’re only stuck with toolsets, huh? Well, that’s these are some of the best products Tekton makes.
In this impact socket set, you’ll find a range of sockets from 10 to 24 mm. With the help of these sockets, you’ll loosen even the most difficult fasteners without damaging them.
- High-torque, 6-point socket design grips the flat sides of fasteners, not just the corners, preventing round-off
- Extra-deep broach accommodates longer fasteners
- High-contrast permanent laser etched size markings are easy-to-read, even in low light
- Made from forged and heat treated chrome vanadium steel with a corrosion-resistant black phosphate finish
- Meets or exceeds ANSI performance standards
- Enough depth: All the sockets in this set enough depth to loosen any fasteners. So, you can be sure of one thing- size is not going to be a problem.
- Laser-etched markings: Paint markings have had their days. Now it’s the age of laser-etched markings. And guess what? Each and every socket you’ll see will have laser-etched markings.
- Durable chrome vanadium steel: Tekton really went to the next level with this deep impact socket set. The chrome vanadium steel speaks for that with its extreme durability.
- Complete corrosion protection: It’s good to know Tekton put a layer of black phosphate in all the sockets. With this, you won’t ever have to worry about rust and corrosion.
- Needs better quality check: We usually avoid this kind of issue. But with this product, it’s become quite a problem. Tekton delivered a lot of people with the wrong sized sockets. So, obviously, they need better quality checks.
- Poor paint: The paint layer or corrosion layer on the top is excellent when it works. But the problem is it’s not that durable.
So, that’s about it for the Tekton deep impact socket set. We know this product has its problem but with careful consideration, you can fix these issues without any hassle. So, do some research and see if this is the right toolset for you or not.
#5. TEKTON Flex Ratcheting Combination Wrench Set
Lastly, let’s talk about the TEKTON Flex Ratcheting Combination Wrench Set. This ratcheting combination wrench set is the perfect on-the-go toolset for any DIY guy.
With its compact storage bag, you won’t ever lose this guy, and most importantly, there’s no hassle in carrying it everywhere.
- Includes: 13-pc. flex-head ratcheting combination wrenches: 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, 15/16, 1 in.; Roll-up storage pouch
- Box end head pivots 180 degrees to easily get around obstructions
- 6-point box end snugly fits hex-shaped fastener heads, gripping the flat sides, not corners, to prevent round-off
- 72-tooth ratchet gear needs only a 5-degree working swing arc
- Open end is angled 15 degrees so the wrench can be flipped over to engage fasteners twice as often in tight spaces
- Smooth flex head: The flex head goes around 180-degrees giving you enough flexibility to tighten any kind of fasteners.
- 6-point box end: Although it doesn’t have a 12-point box end, these bad boys will ensure you get the least amount of round-offs.
- Compact storage: The storage lets you carry the wrenches anywhere you go without falling apart on the way. Moreover, it makes sure the wrenches stay in pristine condition.
- Could’ve made a smaller head: On the smaller wrenches, there seems to be less space. So, if they could’ve made smaller heads it would’ve solved the problem.
It’s obvious that this wrench set is certainly not for everyone. But that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be on your priority list. In fact, for DIY guys, it’s more than enough. So, check out the product and see if it works for you or not.
Are Tekton Tools Any Good?
Budget-friendly and high-quality, the two words that instantly come to our mind whenever we think about Tekton. You see Tekton manages to keep the price range in the low-category for the average Joe’s in our world.
Moreover, you get the surety that the tools won’t break after a few uses. I mean that’s what we want from our tools, right? Anyone would want their tools to last at least a few years of constant use.
And that’s exactly what happens when you buy Tekton tools. In fact, you’ll easily pass a decade even after rough usage.
However, we’re not saying that these are indestructible. Although as we’ve said you don’t need to about the tools breaking while you’re using these.
But that’s not even the strong point of Tekton.
You see over the years we’ve seen many customers provide excellent reviews of the Tekton customer service. And our own experience speaks for it too.
Even though we didn’t face any major problems with any Tekton tools. But we did have some minor hiccups. And as soon as we reached out to Tekton customer service, they took care of our problem.
In fact, Tekton provides an Always Guaranteed service. It means that the tool will work as long as you don’t pass on the ownership. A tool that’ll give you a lifetime, sounds great, right?
So the bottom line is, there’s no denying Tekton is an excellent manufacturer with a customer-friendly help team. That’s why we can suggest their products without having a second thought.
Who Makes Tekton Tools?
Tekton is a family-owned American company. Back in 1991, this company started only with a few employees in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Now, this same company has 85 employees.
In fact, the company operates all its activities except production right from its headquarters. And that even includes the customer care service.
In this modern age, where everyone shifts to third world countries for customer service, this is surely impressive.
Tekton mainly focuses on making affordable high-quality products. And that is what made this manufacturer so popular. Mostly they make assembly and mechanical tools.
Where Are Tekton Tools Made?
Most Americans want to buy a tool that was originally made in the states. In fact, this is a major factor for manufacturers too. They too want to make their tools in America.
However, the production cost in the USA is much higher than in other countries. That’s why like other manufacturers Tekton also established their plants in other countries like Taiwan and China.
But the good thing is this manufacturer claims that its tools are only made in these 3 countries. What they’re trying to say is there are no other secret manufacturing plants.
Nonetheless, Tekton released a statement explaining its manufacturing process. Let’s take a look-
Tekton claims that 75% of its products come from their Taiwan plant. This actually makes sense as they’re a brand that focuses on keeping the price affordable. So, you have to go outside the states to reduce the cost.
Second, comes their USA plant. 15% of tools are made here in the USA. While the numbers are not high but it’s appreciable that they’re doing some of their work here.
Their China plant makes only 5% of its total output. It’s not much but at least they have a diversified production system.
So, it goes without saying that most of the tools you buy from Tekton are made in the USA and or in Taiwan. In fact, there’s a small chance those tools come all the way from China providing there is sufficient supply here in the states.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question #1. Who sells Tekton tools?
Answer: Tekton sells its tools right from their website. The checkout is excellent. You can count on us for that. Moreover, if online stores are not to your liking, you can shift to brick and mortar shops. Brick and mortar shops like Home Depot sell all kinds of Tekton tools in their branches. And that’s actually better for some people as they get to check the product.
Question #2. Are Tekton tools lifetime warranty?
Answer: No matter how long ago you bought a Tekton tool, if it’s not working like it’s meant to be, then, Tekton’s there to take care of it. They won’t even care where you bought it from. All you have to do is send a few photos of the damaged product and they’ll do everything they can. Although they might ask for additional information you can keep your trust in them.
Question #3: Is Tekton better than Ryobi, Rockwell, and Gearwrench?
Answer: You see there’s no easy way to say that one of these brands is better than the one. That’s because each of these brands makes different kinds of products. So, there’s not really any good way to compare them. In fact, all these brands try to bring their best products to their customer segment. The bottom line is you’ll get good products from all of them.
So that’s all we had to say on our Tekton tools review. We tried our best to come up with the most neutral point of view. But we’re not sure if it was to your liking or not.
That’s why we have the comment section for you. Let us know your thoughts and we’ll see what we can do for you. Good luck!