Last Updated on October 11, 2021 by Heenan
With the rapid advancement of the modern world, every day there are companies growing here and there.
And thanks to the gift of the internet, people get to know about these brands without even getting out of their bed.
One of these brands is Tekton and in this article, we’re going to talk about the 5 best Tekton tools.
After going through the entire article, we’re sure you won’t need another Tekton tools Review.
The reason is we’ll present all the facts plain and simple.
You’ll decide if it’s the right choice for you or not.
We’ll tell you about the good things and bad things.
So, without further delay, let’s start rolling-
Tekton Tools Review of 2021
#1. TEKTON 24340 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench Review
The Tekton tools 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench is certainly an excellent contender in the torque wrenches market.
With its help, you can easily tighten fasteners while maintaining the perfect accuracy.
Most importantly, you’ll get to ensure that the parts won’t get damaged while you secure them.
- Includes 1-pc. 1/2 in. drive...
- Wrench emits a click that can...
- Permanently marked,...
- Reversible ratchet head drives...
- Durable all-steel construction...
- Perfect calibration: The calibration of this torque wrench demands appreciation. You’ll get a +-4% calibration while using it on various vehicles and equipment. So, chances are you’ll get the perfect torque specification provided by the manufacturer. That means you won’t break or get damaged under stress.
- Works in a simple way: As you get to preset the wrench’s torque, you’ll get an alert whenever you reach the right torque specification. It’s more of a click than an alert. As soon as you hear that click sound, it means it’s time to stop turning. Simple, right?
- Easy to use: The scale is both high contrast and dual-range. It basically means that it’ll be a lot easier to read the scale, even when there’s no sufficient light.
- Reversible switch: The ratchet head can go both in both directions so that you get the perfect torque specification. Although it measures the torque in the clockwise direction.
- Sometimes suffers from heavy-duty usage: The torque wrenches are quite good in terms of quality. But when you’ll make it go through 50+ cars a day, it’ll have a hard time. However, for day-to-day usage, it’s more than enough.
- Not ideal for reverse threaded connections: The thing is the torque wrench only works as a torque wrench when you tighten it. This is when it becomes an issue for reverse threaded connections.
It goes without saying that this torque wrench is a high-quality tool.
However, you can’t expect every tool to survive industrial-level work.
There are special hand tools made for that purpose.
However, for homeowners and DIY guys, this is a great tool with excellent customer service.
#2. TEKTON 1/2 Inch Drive 6-Point Socket & Ratchet Set
Whenever we think about the TEKTON tools 1/2 Inch Drive 6-Point Socket & Ratchet Set, we think of a complete package.
To be frank, this socket and ratchet set has every size from 3/8 to 1-5/16 inch and 10 to 32 mm.
The best part is Tekton tools didn’t skip any sizes. As the main captain, you get a 90-Tooth quick-release ratchet.
This is something not all ratchet and socket sets will provide.
- Complete set has every size...
- 6-point sockets apply force to...
- Extra large die-stamped size...
- Polished, chrome-plated finish...
- Finely geared 90-tooth ratchet...
- Clear markings on every piece: You’ll find the rolled stamped markings on each and every piece of this set. In fact, the markings are permanently set on the pieces. The best part is the markings are noticeable even in low light conditions.
- No round-off for fasteners: Thanks to the perfect engineering of this toolset, all these have radiused corners. In simpler terms, it means that most of the force will be put on the flat side of the sockets preventing any fastener round-off in the corners.
- Shoulders are fully stepped: The diameters get smaller and smaller when you move on to smaller hand tools. This basically stretches on the surrounding of the socket so you get a tight hold.
- No corrosion or anything: All the pieces in this toolset are polished to perfection with a perfect chrome finishing. The chrome finishing makes it easier to clean the pieces. More importantly, it prevents any rust or corrosion.
- Could’ve had bigger markings: The marking quality and durability are quite good. But what good is it if you can’t read it properly? Our suggestion would be to focus on the marking quality for the smaller sizes. If you keep the same size for the sizes that certainly won’t go well.
- Needs better finishing: We’re not saying chrome finishes are the worst. But you do have to agree that chrome finishing’s wearing off faster. After some time, there will be scratches on all the tools and that’s exactly what happens with this toolset.
Tekton tools obviously tried their best to make complete ratchet and socket sets.
But when you have to make budget cuts for a certain customer segment, there will be consequences.
Nonetheless, we’d suggest you check out the product yourself.
At the end of the day, it’s you who’s going to buy the product.
#3. TEKTON Combination Wrench Review
The TEKTON Combination Wrench is similar to the previous product except for the fact that this set focuses only on wrenches.
From 1/4 to 1 inch and 8 to 22 mm, this 30-piece set comes with every size available.
The pieces are stored in versatile storage where you’ll find them organized at all times.
Most importantly, you’ll get to carry them anywhere you go.
- Includes 15-pc. inch...
- Open end is angled 15 degrees...
- 12-point box end doubles the...
- Box end opening is designed to...
- Made of premium chrome...
- 15-degree open end: All the wrenches in this set are angled at 15-degree. With this, you’ll have a much easier time working in tight spaces. To make it even better, this design actually lets you do more rotation with less effort.
- Perfect offset box end: You’ll notice that each and every wrench has a 15-degree offset box end. This basically means that you’ll have a sufficient amount of space for moving your hand around other objects.
- 12-point opening: With a 12-point opening, you get two times more access angles than with a 6-point opening. But that’s not even the best part. It actually reduces the number of rounds offs in the wrenches.
- Excellent storage: Well, it’s not really a storage case. It’s more like a folding handle that carries around the wrenches. But that’s what makes it so special. It’s easy to use and you get to carry it around wherever you go.
- The bigger wrenches need some work: Most of the wrenches in this are good except the large ones. We don’t know what happened but the Tekton quality control team really needs to look into this matter.
- Slippery swivel: While the length and quality of the wrenches need no extra compliment but they do need to work the swivels. Sometimes they come off when you tighten a fastener.
Overall, we can say without a doubt that the good quality Tekton wrench deserves appreciation.
And as we’ve always said, when you get down to a certain price point, you have to sacrifice some things.
But before you take any final decision, why not check out the product yourself?
#4. TEKTON 1/2 Inch Drive Deep 6-Point Impact Sockets Set
Looks like we’re only stuck with toolsets, huh? Well, that’s these are some of the best products Tekton makes.
In this Tekton impact sockets set, you’ll find a range of sockets from 10 to 24 mm.
With the help of these Tekton impact sockets, you’ll loosen even the most difficult fasteners without damaging them.
- High-torque, 6-point socket...
- Extra-deep broach accommodates...
- High-contrast permanent laser...
- Made from forged and heat...
- Meets or exceeds ANSI...
- Enough depth: All the Tekton impact sockets in this set have enough depth to loosen any fasteners. So, you can be sure of one thing- size is not going to be a problem.
- Laser-etched markings: Paint markings have had their days. Now it’s the age of laser-etched markings. And guess what? Each and every socket you’ll see will have laser-etched markings.
- Durable chrome vanadium steel: Tekton really went to the next level with the deep impact sockets set. The chrome vanadium steel speaks for that with its extreme durability.
- Complete corrosion protection: It’s good to know Tekton put a layer of black phosphate in all the Tekton impact sockets. With this, you won’t ever have to worry about rust and corrosion.
- Needs better quality check: We usually avoid this kind of issue. But with the Tekton impact sockets set, it’s become quite a problem. Tekton delivered a lot of people with the wrong-sized impact sockets. So, obviously, they need better quality checks.
- Poor paint: The paint layer or corrosion layer on the top is excellent when it works. But the problem is it’s not that durable.
So, that’s about it for the Tekton deep impact sockets sets.
We know this product has its problem but with careful consideration, you can fix these issues without any hassle.
So, do some research and see if this is the right toolset for you or not.
#5. TEKTON Flex Ratcheting Combination Wrench
Lastly, let’s talk about the TEKTON Flex Ratcheting Combination Wrench.
This ratcheting combination wrench is the perfect on-the-go toolset for any DIY guy.
With its compact storage bag, you won’t ever lose this guy, and most importantly, there’s no hassle in carrying it everywhere.
- Includes 13-pc. flex-head...
- Box end head pivots 180...
- 6-point box end snugly fits...
- 72-tooth ratchet gear needs...
- Open end is angled 15 degrees...
- Smooth flex head: The flex head goes around 180-degrees giving you enough flexibility to tighten any kind of fasteners.
- 6-point box end: Although it doesn’t have a 12-point box end, these bad boys will ensure you get the least amount of round-offs.
- Compact storage: The storage lets you carry the wrenches anywhere you go without falling apart on the way. Moreover, it makes sure the wrenches stay in pristine condition.
- Could’ve made a smaller head: On the smaller wrenches, there seems to be less space. So, if they could’ve made smaller heads it would’ve solved the problem.
It’s obvious that this wrench is certainly not for everyone. But that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be on your priority list.
In fact, for DIY guys, it’s more than enough. So, check out the product and see if it works for you or not.
#6. Tekton Adapter
Sometimes you want to use a big socket (e.g. ½”) with a mini ratchet (e.g. ¼”), right?
You can’t do that without using an adapter.
In most cases, one single adapter is not enough and you need two adapters to make it happen.
Tekton makes such adapters to serve this purpose. Not only the ratchets, but their adapters are also a good fit for torque wrenches, impact wrenches, etc.
For instance, you need to use a 32mm socket and you require 25Nm torque to work with an oil filter. You have to use a small torque wrench here that starts from 6Nm.
If you use adapters, in this case, you can easily use that 32mm socket with a small torque wrench.
Now, let me review one of the top-notch Tekton adapters.
TEKTON 1/4-Inch Drive (F) to 3/8-Inch Drive (M) Adapter Review
- Multiplies the range and...
- Spring-loaded detent ball...
- Detent notches in drive end...
- Made of premium chrome...
- Strong and durable.
- Well-finished adapter made from high-quality chrome vanadium steel.
- Available in three different buying options. Two packs, three packs, four packs.
- It fits perfectly.
- This adapter withstands the toughest jobs.
- Worth the price.
- The unpackaging instruction (removing the adapter from the packaging) is a bit ambiguous.
Features and Benefits
Premium Grade Material:
This adapter is made from premium chromium-vanadium steel. Well, it’s a common material that is used to make any small hand tools.
However, the finishing of this adapter and the quality of the steel is something that forced me to mention it specifically.
It’s protected by a corrosion-resistant mirror chrome finish. That makes it durable too.
Offers Good Grip:
This Tekton adapter is equipped with a spring-loaded detent ball that catches the socket perfectly. As a result, the socket doesn’t drop making your life easy while working.
This adapter can be used as a replacement for a broken socket or lost socket.
Well, you don’t have too many options to talk about when reviewing a small object like an adapter. Overall, this is a well-built adapter and serves its purpose quite well. It is durable and costs low. You won’t regret buying it for ¼” drive (F) to ⅜” drive (M).
#7. Tekton Woodworking Vise
No matter if you are an avid woodworker or just do some DIY projects, you have to have a handy third hand.
Yes third hand, I mean the woodworking vise.
A woodworking vise is a clamping vise that you attach to the workbench.
You always want a nice quality vise. When you tightened up the vise the surfaces should stay parallel. You should be looking for something that withstands a good amount of pressure when you work.
No wonder, Tekton the master of the hand-tools manufacturing companies makes woodworking vise too.
Allow me to review one of the most popular woodworking vises made by Tekton.
TEKTON 6-1/2-Inch Woodworking Vise Review
- Mounts to face of workbench to...
- Cast iron construction (30,000...
- Jaws predrilled for custom jaw...
- Chrome plated steel sliding...
- Acme-threaded screw glides...
- A perfect entry-level vise that is easy to install.
- Perfect size to deliver.
- Good quality.
- A good choice for small to medium wood projects for home users or small shops.
- Simple and basic but worth the money.
- Affordable price.
- No slop.
- Difficult, if you try to install it on a workbench with an apron.
Features and Benefits
Strong and Durable Construction
Tekton 6-½” woodworking vise is made from 30,000 PSI cast iron that makes it highly durable I should say.
Convenient Vise Adjustment
This vise offers easy vise adjustment. You just have to turn the T-handle and the jaw will glide smoothly without any chattering.
Ensures Parallel Surface
I said earlier that you should buy a woodworking vise that ensures a parallel surface when you tighten up the vise.
This very vise ensures that.
The twin steel rails guide jaw travel. As a result, the surfaces stay parallel and the force is distributed evenly.
Easy Installation Process
You can easily install this vise in two ways to a workbench. Either simple or flush mount.
The price is not high. The quality is good. It serves the purpose well. What else do I need from a woodworking vise?
This is a handy tool to be used in small to medium projects. No need to spend too much money on a vise if you are not a professional. Go for this one.
Are Tekton Tools Any Good?
Budget-friendly and high-quality, the two words that instantly come to our mind whenever we think about Tekton.
You see Tekton manages to keep the price range in the low category for the average Joe’s in our world.
Moreover, you get the surety that the tools won’t break after a few uses.
I mean that’s what we want from our tools, right? Anyone would want their tools to last at least a few years of constant use.
And that’s exactly what happens when you buy top-notch Tekton tools. In fact, you’ll easily pass a decade even after rough usage.
However, we’re not saying that these are indestructible. Although as we’ve said you don’t need to about them breaking while you’re using these.
But that’s not even the strong point of Tekton.
You see over the years we’ve seen many customers provide excellent reviews of the Tekton customer service. And our own experience speaks for it too.
Even though we didn’t face any major problems with any top-notch Tekton tools. But we did have some minor hiccups.
And as soon as we reached out to Tekton customer service, they took care of our problem.
In fact, Tekton provides an Always Guaranteed service. It means that the tool will work as long as you don’t pass on the ownership.
A tool that’ll give you a lifetime, sounds great, right?
So the bottom line is, there’s no denying Tekton is an excellent tool company with a customer-friendly help team.
That’s why we can suggest their products without having a second thought.
Who Makes Tekton Tools?
Tekton is a family-owned American tool company. Back in 1991, this company started only with a few employees in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Now, this same company has 85 employees.
In fact, the company operates all its activities except production right from its headquarters. And that even includes the customer care service.
In this modern age, where everyone shifts to third-world countries for customer service, this is surely impressive.
Tekton mainly focuses on making affordable high-quality products.
And that is what made this manufacturer so popular. Mostly they make assembly and mechanical tools.
Where Are Tekton Tools Made?
Most Americans want to buy a tool that was originally made in the states. In fact, this is a major factor for manufacturers too.
They too want to make their tools in America.
However, the production cost in the USA is much higher than in other countries.
That’s why like other manufacturers Tekton also established its plants in other countries like Taiwan and China.
But the good thing is this manufacturer claims that its tools are only made in these 3 countries.
What they’re trying to say is there are no other secret manufacturing plants.
Nonetheless, Tekton released a statement explaining its manufacturing process. Let’s take a look-
Taiwan Plant (made in Taiwan)
Tekton claims that 75% of its products come from its Taiwan plant.
This actually makes sense as they’re a brand that focuses on keeping the price affordable. So, you have to go outside the states to reduce the cost.
USA Plant (the USA made)
Second, comes their USA plant. 15% of tools are made here in the USA.
While the numbers are not high but it’s appreciable that they’re doing some of their work here.
Their China plant makes only 5% of its total output. It’s not much but at least they have a diversified production system.
So, it goes without saying that most of the tools you buy from Tekton are made in the USA and or in Taiwan.
In fact, there’s a small chance those tools come all the way from China providing there is sufficient supply here in the states.
Tekton vs Gearwrench
One of the best market competitors of Tekton tools that will come in the first place is Gearwrench. Both of the brands are equally popular with DIY workers due to their high quality and incredible performance. Not to mention, these two come with satisfactory quality and service against their prices.
The most important thing is the market value of the corresponding price which will certainly give you confusion. Though there is some minor issue with the warranty of Gearwrench tools, there is a clearer description of Tekton tools.
Both brands offer sufficiently strong tools to withstand heavy applications and they come with several convenient features to increase efficiency. Moreover, sets from them are specifically designed for limited as well as wide applications.
But Tekton provides lots of socket and ratchet sets whereas Gearwrench introduces mainly wrenches. Not to mention, Tekton tools emphasize the production of the 6-point socket whereas Gearwrench mainly focuses on 12-point sockets alongside similar ones.
Apart from that, Tekton comes with different types of sockets, ratchets, and wrenches in numerous models. Though a number of models are good for Gearwrench, yet they produce less than Tekton in certain cases. One notable fact is Gearwrench offers reversible sets in a larger quantity whereas Tekton lacks a little behind in this issue.
Otherwise, they are just perfect to do wrenching jobs quite well without any major problems. But overall, if you ask, it would be a troublesome choice to make a decision when the choice is between these two.
Where are Gearwrench tools made?
Gearwrench is a part of the Apex tool group. Gearwrench tools are made in the USA, Australia, Mexico and they are expanding factories in other countries as well.
Tekton vs Craftsman
When you are down to the requirement of mechanical tools, it is indeed hard to find a suitable competitor for Craftsman. In fact, Craftsman and Tekton both are names that have been there to supply the best quality tools to the customers.
With versatile quality and innovative design, these names become almost synonymous with quality hand equipment.
Though they share quite a high-quality construction and satisfactory performance, it becomes easy for anyone to get into trouble to pick one.
Both brands are popular with their particular and featured products for an effective, comfortable, and comprehensive application.
Tekton manufactures lots of wrenching tools that come in a variety of models and sets. Craftsman lacks no further with a considerable amount of models to equip you to do wrenching jobs.
But the most significant difference between these two products is the finishing of the exterior portion.
Tekton provides incredibly great and glowing polished surface finishing for their tools which makes them resistant against corrosive agents. But surface finishing in Craftsman products is not that high-quality. Though products from both brands last incredibly long, no wonder premium material construction imparts great durability.
Apart from that, almost all models from Tekton and Craftsman are available at an affordable price and they are indeed worthy of that thanks to long-lasting serviceability and rather an effortless tightening or loosening operation. But in the end, both are renowned, popular, and reliable brands to deliver the best performance you can have from a hand tool.
Tekton vs Husky
Husky comes with numerous products of hand tools, tools storage manufacturing alongside pneumatic tools. Though it was founded a long ago before Tekton came into play, people do prefer Tektol hand tools to Husky’s these days. In its early stages of production, Husky produced some of the most useful and versatile hand tools.
But quality does matter to a customer these days; this is where Husky got behind from Tekton. The best thing about Husky’s product is that they offer a lifetime warranty for their products, though this service is reportedly questioned by several customers.
As mentioned earlier, you will find lots of varieties for Tekton tools which get limited when you’re down to Husky products. Apart from that, customers do tend to prefer tools with better convenience, usefulness, and ease. Unlike Tekton, most of the Husky products are not that close to the quality and service of Tekton tools.
It is true that Husky is an old brand but still some of their products are suited to numerous applications quite well. Although Husky is a classic brand, people are now moving forward to Tekton than Husky due to its reasonable price and service rather than the other’s lifetime warranty.
Tekton vs Kobalt
Writing about Tekton vs Kobalt doesn’t mean that one is good and another is wrong right. As the entire article is about Tekton Tools, we are focusing on Kobalt tools in this small section.
Lowes, the famous USA brand owns Kobalt. It’s now more than twenty years since they are producing top-quality products for us with long-lasting performance.
Kobalt is famous for making Hand and Mechanic Tools, different power, and air tools as well. Their tools are not made only for the professional but also for the weekend warrior like my wife. To improve user productivity, they carefully designed their products to get your job done quickly with quality.
Kobalt power tools like impact wrenches, drills, table saws, tile saws, circular saws, and tile saws designed to help handymen and DIY enthusiasts like my wife and me, so that you can feel proud of the Kobalt products you have in your home or workshop.
Their air tools, like spray guns to impact wrenches, are ready to take the toughest projects. Kobalt air tools nearly can do any job at your workspace or home.
Tekton vs Snap-on
Let’s watch the video to know the key differences between Tekton vs Snap-on:
Toptul vs Tekton
If you are a handyman, you are surely well known that Toptul (Rotar Company) is another renowned Taiwan-based global brand, especially in the professional hand tools industry. The company began its journey in 1981 and started marketing its professional tools globally in 1994. The brand is ANSI/DIN international standards.
This brand is offering an extensive range of high-quality tools for the professional and as well as hobbyist. The tools are innovative in design and superior in quality.
Hers is a list of few Toptul Tools:
- Wrenches and Torque wrenches
- Hand Sockets, Bit Sockets with Accessories
- Bit Sockets, Impact Sockets, Accessories, Power and Pneumatic Tools
- Star key and Hexagon
- Screwdrivers, Bits & Power Bits
- Hammers & Striking Tools Series
- Auto Tools
- VDE Insulated & General Electrician’s Tools
- Bolt Cutter
- Measuring Tape
- Tool Lanyard
- Jaw Gear Puller
- Industrial Hand Nut Riveter
- Lever Type Grease Gun
- Pry Bar
- Telescoping Inspection Mirror with LED Light
- Angle Nozzle Air Blow Gun
- Straight Pattern Snips
- Roller Chain Detacher
- Heavy Duty Wire Cutter
- Screw Extractor Set
- Jumbo Pry Bar
Capri Tools Review: Capri Tools vs Tekton
It is never easy to research brands for tools, no matter if you are a professional. Always new quality brands are popping up on the market at reasonable prices. In this Capri tools vs. Tekton section, I am talking about Capri tools.
So, the question is, is it a good brand? Are Capri tools made in the USA? Is the company offers a lifetime warranty? Before buying any tools, I ask myself these questions if the brand is not familiar to me.
Before writing this small piece, I did plenty of research to help you decide whether you should buy any tools from this Brand or not.
My research result, discussing with professional mechanics and reading a good number of reviews, I found that Capri Tools are one of the best options for air tools, impact sockets, and many more.
This is not an American brand, and most of its tools are imported from Taiwan.
But the good thing is, they offer a lifetime warranty and are based in California with one of the best customer service support.
Capri Tools prices are similar to Tekton, Neiko, and few other brands. Most of the people gave positive feedback about their air tools, impact socket sets, and flip lug nut sockets.
Tekton Vs Harbor Freight
Tekton and Harbor Freight both are equally popular brands when it comes to producing tools like sockets, ratchets, and wrenches.
However, Harbor Freight manufactures a lot of other tools for different purposes.
Harbor Freight started its journey in 1977. Since then, it has been producing different power tools, hand tools, tools related to automobiles, generators, plumbing tools, electrical, hardware, painting, welding, building and construction tools, so and so forth.
Whereas, Tekton is a relatively newer company than Harbor Freight and specialized in making wrenches, ratchets, sockets, pliers, drivers, etc.
Both brands excel in quality, and they offer high-quality tools at an affordable price.
If you are comparing these brands in terms of hand tools quality, I will vote for Tekton tools. It’s because Tekton is wholly focused on manufacturing hand tools.
With that said, Harbor Freight’s hand tools are not any bad by any means.
Regarding price, both these brands offer almost similar prices. However, Tekton is slightly better than Harbor Freight.
When it’s about standing behind the customers and warranty, both Tekton and Harbor Freight have earned the reputation without any doubt.
Neiko Vs Tekton
Neiko tools are mostly made in Taiwan. It has its manufacturing station in China too. That means whatever you get in the USA, it comes from either Taiwan or China.
Some of the popular Neiko tools include-
- Hex bit socket set.
- Power hole punch kit.
- Allen bit socket.
- Impact socket set.
- Torque wrench.
- Socket holder.
- Screwdriver set.
- Nut wrench set.
- Drill bit set.
- Saw blade.
- Chain wrench.
- Blowgun, and many more.
Neiko offers a fair warranty policy and stands behind the customer pretty well. I dig the molded case this company sends with its various tools.
The price of any Neiko tool is quite reasonable and pretty similar to the cost of Tekton tools.
On the other hand, Tekton is also good at making inexpensive tools without compromising quality.
It’s mainly focused on manufacturing –
- Impact sockets.
- Hand drive sockets.
- Storage, etc.
While both these brands make quality tools keeping the price low, if you want me to vote for only one, I will vote for Tekton.
Sunex Vs Tekton
Sunex is a pretty old company that started its journey in 1977. The very first product manufactured by this brand that was able to earn a reputation is impact-sockets.
Later Sunex decided to expand the product range, and now it’s manufacturing tools like –
- Hand tools.
- Air tools.
- Lifting equipment.
- Tool storage.
- Other stuff like creepers, pullers, lighting, bench tools, drill presses, etc.
Under each of the tools category, I’ve listed above, Sunex makes several tools. You will find about 46 types of tools in total that this brand is currently offering.
Sunex makes quality tools keeping the price reasonable.
Similarly, Tekton makes high-end, well-constructed, and premium finished tools without hurting your pocket.
It has manufacturing stations in Taiwan, the USA, and China. Most of their tools are made in Taiwan, then the USA and a small percentage of the tools are made in China.
Tekton has a wide range of products, too, but is limited to six categories – wrenches, pliers, storage, impact sockets, ratchets, hand drive sockets, etc.
Both Sunex and Tekton offer a decent warranty period and stand behind the warranty pretty well.
Stanley Vs Tekton
Stanley is substantially a big brand offering quite a wide range of products varying in types and prices.
This brand makes-
- Hand tools (sockets, ratchets, fastening tools, cutting tools, knives, blades, wrenches, pliers, levels, glue gun sticks, wrecking bars, glue gun sticks, etc.)
- Automotive tools (power tools, screwdriver and nut drivers, sockets, ratchets, wrenches, portable lighting, mechanic toolset, snip, metal storage, etc.)
- Tool storage (toolboxes, tool bags, mobile tool storage, metal tool storage, sawhorse workbench, tool organizers, etc.)
- Home improvement (cleaning, lawn and garden tools, painting, electrical accessories, heating and cooling solution, portable lighting, etc.)
Regarding quality, no question about Stanley’s tools, and customer support is fantastic too. The tools are quite cost-effective.
Stanley tools are available in any famous online store like Amazon, Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, eBay, etc.
Moreover, a lot of retailers are selling their tools offline. You can quickly check for a retailer store nearby from their website.
Stanley has about 30 manufacturing facilities in the USA.
Tekton, on the other hand, makes its 75% tools in Taiwan, 20% in the USA, and the rest 5% in China.
When it’s about top-notch manufacturing tools keeping the price low, Tekton is one of the industry’s front liners. However, it doesn’t offer too many variations in its product category at this moment.
Both these brands offer an excellent warranty to their customer, and after-sales service from these two companies is outstanding.
Epauto Vs Tekton
Epauto is focused on automobile-based products and tools.
Its top-most products include –
- Portable air compressor.
- Cleaner airflow.
- LED light bar.
- Digital tire pressure.
- Ratchet with a socket set.
- Booster jumper.
- Tire inflator gauge.
- Leakproof auto litter bag, etc.
As you can see, they are mostly manufacturing different items for the automobile industry.
Tekton, on the other hand, is entirely focused on different hand tools like wrenches, ratchets, pliers, impact sockets, hand drive sockets, storage, etc.
In terms of acceptability, both these brands have managed to get the desired attention from their users.
If you are looking to buy a hand tool like a ratchet with a socket set, I recommend Tekton without any second thought.
Pricewise, both Tekton and Epauto are quite reasonable.
Question #1. Who sells Tekton tools?
Answer: Tekton sells its tools right from its website. The checkout is excellent.
You can count on us for that. Moreover, if online stores are not to your liking, you can shift to brick-and-mortar shops.
Brick and mortar shops like Home Depot sell all kinds of top-notch Tekton tools in their branches.
And that’s actually much better for some people as they get to check the product.
Our recommendation is to buy Tekton Tools from amazon.
Question #2. Is Tekton tools lifetime warranty?
Answer: No matter how long ago you bought a Tekton tool, if it’s not working like it’s meant to be, then, Tekton’s there to take care of it.
They won’t even care where you bought it from. All you have to do is send a few photos of the damaged product and they’ll do everything they can.
Although they might ask for additional information you can keep your trust in them.
Answer: You see there’s no easy way to say that one of these brands is much better than the other one.
That’s because each of these brands makes different kinds of products. So, there’s not really any good way to compare them.
In fact, all these brands try to bring their best products to their customer segment.
The bottom line is you’ll get good products from all of them.
So that’s all we had to say on our top-notch Tekton tools review.
We tried our best to come up with the most neutral point of view.
We hope it was easy to read.
But we’re not sure if it was to your liking or not.
That’s why we have the comment section for you.
Let us know your thoughts and we’ll see what we can do for you. Good luck!