Whenever you’re at the market for buying power tools, you’ve definitely heard the name of the brand- Ryobi.
However, Ryobi makes a whole variety of other tools instead of power tools.
In fact, Ryobi power tools are all around the market.
As they have different power tools in the market, it’s confusing when you’re trying to buy one.
Fret not as we’re here to make things easier for you.
In this article, we’ve provided an extensive Ryobi tools review after conducting weeks of research.
Besides, we’ve even shown whether the power tools are better or not.
And, we’ve even discussed who makes these power tools at the end of the article.
So, sit back and enjoy as we’re going to take you through a sea of information-
Ryobi Tools Review of 2021
#1. Ryobi P340 Review
Hands down to the best multi-tool from Ryobi- Ryobi P340 One+.
If you’re on the market for the best Ryobi tool then this one is for you. The main selling point of this product is cross-compatibility.
Hence, you’ll be able to make micro-adjustments to the attachments below this product.
This makes the product have an excellent user experience.
- 3 INCLUDED ATTACHMENTS: 1 x Sanding Accessory, 1 x Crescent Saw Attachment, 1 x Straight Woodcutting Saw Attachment
- ALL IN ONE: The P340 consists of two parts with separate model numbers. The power base goes by the model number P246, while the accessory attachment is the P570
- CROSS COMPATIBLE: The base of this tool is compatible with attachments from other companies, like the Ridgid JobMax line. Now you have the freedom to pick the tool most tailored to your job, so you can get it done right
- HEX RUBBER MOLDING: Keep an easy grip, even in slippery conditions. With the special overgrip designed to maximize contact points with your hand, giving you improved control when you’re digging around in hard-to-reach places
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: Use Ryobi 18 Volt lithium ion batteries with this system. If you have batteries from the Ryobi One+ family, you’ll be able to get to work as soon as you take this out of the box. Compatible with P100, P101, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108 (batteries not included)
- Rubber Molding For Better Grip: Proper grip on power tools is really important. If you don’t have a proper grip when working, accidents can take place easily. Also, you won’t be able to work effectively if the tool isn’t firm in the place. But that won’t be an issue as this product has a rubber molding to it. This rubber molding ensures that you always have an easy and firm grip over the tool. As a result, the tool doesn’t slip and come off the hand. Moreover, the design of the grip ensures the maximum points of contact with the hand. So, you’ll have improved control over the tool when you’re reaching for complex places.
- Easy Compatibility: The Ryobi batteries are included in this box. Here, the batteries ensure that you’ll be able to start working as soon as possible. Also, the batteries are compatible with other tools as well. So, you won’t have any problems when using batteries from other Ryobi power tools in this one. In the end, you’ll be able to save up some cash too.
- Cross Compatibility: Well, we’ve already discussed this one. The product ensures that it’s compatible with other attachments from other companies as well. So, if you don’t have the exact attachment from Ryobi then you won’t have to worry. Here, the attachments from the companies will work in your favor as well. Hence, you won’t have to spend a lot of time and money in the process. In the end, you’ll have the absolute freedom to conduct work as you want.
- Makes Noises When Operating: The tool has the tendency of making a lot of noises when it’s operating. So, you can get complaints from your neighbors if you’re working late.
- Vibrates A Lot: Vibration from this tool will make it seem like a vibrator more than a tool. However, if you can adjust it right away then it won’t be much of a problem in the long run.
In the end, the product is perfect for the ones who’ve just started working with power tools.
Even though there are some cons, you’ll get away with it mostly.
Especially if you know how to use it properly, it won’t be much of a problem.
So, if the features meet your requirements then definitely give this one a closer look.
#2. Ryobi P884 Review
Second up, we have the Ryobi 18v one P884. If you’re on the market for a powerful drill set then this is the one for you.
Here, the USP of this Ryobi 18v one P884 is the variable speed settings of the drill.
By using the variable speed settings, you’ll be able to work effectively.
And, to make things even better, the drill comes in a lightweight design.
So, it makes working really easier with this Ryobi 18v one P884 tool.
- Includes 2 - 18-volt lithium batteries, usable on any machine in the one+ product line; includes 18-volt dual-chemistry charger; batteries can be recharged in as little as 30 minutes
- Drill has 2 speed settings (0-440 or 0-1600 rpm), variable with a spring-loaded trigger; reciprocating saw features tool-free blade change
- Tool weights: drill, 2. 7 lbs. ; circular saw, 4. 7 lbs. ; impact driver, 2. 65 lbs. ; reciprocating saw, 4. 1 lbs. ; job plus base, 2. 15 lbs. ; work light, 0. 7 lb. ; includes carrying bag for easy portability
- Reciprocating saw's adjustable, pivoting shoe allows depth-of-cut control and more efficient use of blade; circular saw has an exact line laser, which automatically activates during use
- Work light has a multi-functional design capable of sitting flat on battery, on end or hanging for ultimate lighting versatility; swivel head directs light where needed
- Easy Portability: The product has a lightweight design. As a result, it’s easier to move around. Here, the weight of all the power tools included in the product is really low. So, you won’t have any problems moving this product around. And, to take things to the next level, the product comes with a carrying bag as well. So, you’ll be able to carry the Ryobi products to your destination and also not lose them in the process.
- Variable Speed Settings: Ryobi 18v one P884 comes with two-speed settings. Here, the speed settings are 0-440 and 0-1660 RPM. Also, you’ll get a variable trigger that is spring-loaded. Furthermore, the reciprocating saw has an easy blade change. And, the best part about this blade change is that you won’t need a tool for it. So, the work becomes easier and less time-consuming as well.
- Adjustable Saw: This Ryobi 18v one P884 tool comes with an adjustable saw. Here, the adjustability of the saw ensures that you’ll have improved control over the tool. As a result, you’ll be able to ensure deep cuts from the blade. And, to make things easier, the saw comes with a line laser. This laser makes it easy to cut and draw exact lines. The best part is that you won’t even need to activate it as it works automatically.
- Ryobi 18v battery Die Quickly: The lithium-ion batteries provided in the box don’t last long. In fact, the drill kills the batteries faster. So, you’ll need a bit of backup when working with this tool.
- Not for Longer Projects: As the battery problem is a major issue, you won’t be able to work with this tool on longer projects. However, it works fine on smaller ones.
In the end, the tool works really well due to its design and control. Even though it has some cons, those aren’t deal-breakers in any way. So, if the product has met your requirements then go for it.
#3. Ryobi One P505 Review
Say hello to an absolute beast. The Ryobi One P50 stands out from the others due to its power.
Here, the 4700 RPM speed of the tool ensures that it cuts through everything easily.
Also, it has improved control which ensures that it makes you do the work effectively and easily.
- GRIPZONE OVERMOLD: The handles of this power tool are lined with a rubber mold. This increases friction between your hands and the tool, improving handling in most conditions
- TRANSPARENT LOWER GUARD: The polyurethane blade guard is clear, so you can get maximum visibility on your work while you make your cuts
- ADJUSTABLE BEVEL: You can adjust the foot of this cordless circular saw up to 50 degrees to cut at a variety of angles for different applications
- EXTRA SIDE HANDLE gives you improved control. Its location on the left side of the tool gives you greater visibility over your cuts while you work
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: The circular saw works with Ryobi’s 18 Volt batteries. These battery models include the P100, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108 (Batteries not included)
- Better Grip: The power tools come with an improved handle. Here, the handle has a rubber mold manufactured in it. As a result, it makes working way easier. Furthermore, it increases the overall friction between the hands and tools. Hence, the handling of the power tools becomes better in most conditions as well.
- Transparent Guard: The tool has a transparent blade guard. Hence, you’ll be able to ensure maximum visibility when working with this tool. Also, it’ll ensure clear and precise cuts as you’ll administer everything from the above.
- Adjustable Bevel: As the bevel of this saw is adjustable, you can ensure a variety of angles when working. This makes it easy to work with this tool. Also, it’ll help with ensuring easy and precise cuts all the time.
- Side Handles: Side Handles on this product make sure you’re able to have improved control all the time. Moreover, it’s located on the sides so it won’t mess up with your visibility when you’re working.
- Doesn’t Ship with Batteries: The main problem with this tool is that it doesn’t ship with batteries. So, you’ll have to purchase the batteries separately. Other than that, it works fine with other batteries as well.
- Feels A Bit Stiff: Stiffness in this product is felt when you start working on tough and thick woods. Plus, it feels a bit odd when working on larger projects
That’s been it for this tool. If you love all the features of this product then definitely give it another thought.
#4. Ryobi P2108A Fan Blower
Shipping with almost 2 times power, this tool is a complete powerhouse.
If you’re looking for a powerful tool then this will impress you in every way.
In the end, it has a variable trigger which makes working even easier.
- RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ system
- Battery and charger not included
- Up to 2 times more power
- Jet fan design for power up to 100 MPH and 280 CFM
- Variable speed trigger for more control
- Speed Triggers: The variable triggers in this Ryobi cordless tool help in ensuring improved and better control of the tool. As a result, you won’t have any problems with working with this tool. Another benefit of this will be the precise cuts from this tool. If you have better control over the tool, it’ll help at making cuts easier.
- Fan Design: “Jet Fan Design”- quite a fancy name, isn’t it? Well, the design of this tool ensures that it can power through all activities easily. Here, the design also contributes to providing up to 2 times of power.
- Doesn’t Come with Batteries: Yes, you heard me right. This tool doesn’t have batteries included in the box. As a result, you’ll have to purchase the batteries separately.
- Doesn’t Ship with Chargers: As the power tools don’t ship with batteries, they don’t ship with chargers too. So, when you’re purchasing batteries separately, you’ll have to purchase chargers with them too.
This tool will definitely help you out if you know how to use it properly. With shiny features at an affordable price, this tool brings a lot to the table.
#5. Ryobi P320 Cordless Brad Nailer
Well, that brings us to the end of our list. And, the last product we have for you is one of the best brad nailers out there.
The Ryobi P320 can work with 1700 NPC (nails per charge).
So, this particular tool ensures power and precision at the same time.
- Drives up to 1700 nails per charge
- No compressors, hoses or pricey gas cartridges required. Cordless design offers both convenience and superior performance.
- Convenient adjustment dial regulates air pressure for optimum results.
- Low-nail indicator to quickly and easily see when it is time to reload
- Includes: 18-V ONE AirStrike 18-Gauge Cordless Brad Nailer, Battery sold separately
- Ensures Superior Performance: The design and power of the tool ensure superior performance and convenience all the time. In fact, the tool makes work easier as it’s easy to hold and easy to use.
- Cordless Design: That’s right. The tool comes in a cordless design. Hence, you won’t get tangled in cords when working with these tools. Also, the cordless feature of the tool makes it easy to work. But, how? Well, as there are no cords in these power tools, you’ll have full freedom when working with the tool. Here, the main added advantage is the freedom of movement.
- Comes with Easy Adjustment: The best part about this tool is that you can adjust it easily. Here, the easy adjustment ensures that you can regulate the air pressure any time you want. By regulating the air pressure inside the tool, you’ll receive optimum results all the time.
- Rough Finish: The finish in the product isn’t as smooth as many Ryobi products in the market. So, you might get some discomfort when holding the device. However, it won’t be much of an issue when you’re working on smaller projects.
- Gets Slow After Working for Long: Even though the product is known for its speed, it can get a bit slow after working for a long time. But this won’t be an issue if you’re working on smaller projects.
That’s been it. In the end, the product does bring some great features at an affordable price range.
So, give it a shot.
Are Ryobi Tools Any Good?
Ryobi is one of the most popular and reliable brands of the current era with excellent customer service.
If you’re in the store for power tools then you would’ve definitely heard about this brand.
So, what’s so special about this brand?
Well, Ryobi power tools are made in such a way that they help the DIYers.
Hence, their power tools are easier to use and have solid toughness in them.
The main reason why Ryobi is one of the best in the business is its compact design and price range.
Here, the innovative design of the power tools ensures that it’s easy to use.
And, the affordable price range makes it easy to buy the tools.
Other than that, the Ryobi power tools have different tools altogether.
Their saws, drills, and angle grinders have universal compatibility. So, it makes using them easier.
Moreover, they have all their tools in one platform.
And, the best part is that you won’t have to buy multiple lithium-ion batteries for these tools.
So, you won’t have to invest in expensive lithium-ion batteries and you’ll be able to save up some costs.
Apart from these benefits, you’ll get a LED lighting system with these Ryobi power tools.
But, what’s the benefit here?
Well, having a lighting system will ensure that you won’t have to search for lights when working.
Here, the light from the power tools makes it easier to navigate in poor lighting conditions as well.
And, when you’re working on different projects, these benefits will definitely help you out.
Lastly, the magnets and loading chucks make it easier to work with these power tools.
In the end, the tools make a better user experience.
Who Makes/Owns Ryobi Tools?
By now, you’ve known all about the tools of Ryobi. But who makes or owns these tools?
Well, even though Ryobi tools are under the brand Ryobi Limited, there’s a twist.
Ryobi tools are actually made from the brand Techtronic Industries.
However, the brand Techtronic Industries has a license under the brand Ryobi Limited.
Normally, Ryobi tools are sold under Home Depot.
But Ryobi sold their tools directly in Sears at one particular time.
After that time, Ryobi purchased another motor company named Diehl Motors.
Since then, they’ve been selling their tools directly to the retailers.
To know about the history of Ryobi Limited, let’s take a step back.
In 1943, the company first started selling a variety of Ryobi products.
It opened the doors and it’s been 70+ years that the company has provided innovative tools to the world.
Now, after years of selling innovative power tools, the company has recognition.
The recognition of selling reliable power tools in the world.
Where Are Ryobi Tools Made?
There are different manufacturing plants of Ryobi. To be precise, there are almost 12 facilities in 6 countries of the Ryobi plants.
Also, the company is working on manufacturing single plants too.
Here, the single plants are situated in Shelbyville, Indiana. Even though the brands had their tools made in the US in the 80s and 90s, the tools are now made in China.
So, if you’re not into Chinese tools then this isn’t the brand for you.
But there are plants in the US. Here, US plants manufacture different accessories for Ryobi tools.
So, if there are plants in the US then why is the company making its tools in China?
Well, the manufacturing cost lowers when made in China.
If you’re manufacturing the tools in the US, it’ll cost a lot.
So, you’ll observe that many major companies are shifting their manufacturing department in China.
By doing this, they’re saving tons of costs in manufacturing.
And, the same goes for the company Ryobi.
It manufactures all its tools in China.
Hence, they’re saving a lot of money in the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question#1. Who sells Ryobi tools?
Answer: Ryobi tools are found everywhere nowadays due to their popularity.
So, you’ll be able to find them online or at local shops.
Speaking of online, you’ll be able to find them on Amazon, Walmart, and even on different websites.
Moreover, they have their own website. So, you can visit Ryobi and you’ll find all your tools in one place.
Question #2. Where to buy Ryobi Tools?
Answer: You’ll be able to find the Ryobi tools at the Home Depot or on Amazon.
Nowadays, it’s easier to find these tools as they’re all around the internet.
Simply go to the official website of Ryobi and you’ll be able to find all their tools together on one platform.
And, it doesn’t end there. You’ll find all their tools at local stores around you as well.
Just go there and have a look. As Ryobi has one of the best customer care services in the world, you won’t have much of a problem finding the best tools.
Answer: Well, this question will never have a particular or definite answer.
This is because all the companies mentioned here are known for their top-quality tools.
So, their tools work best in different sectors.
There isn’t any particular sector where one company outperforms the other.
However, Ryobi tools do provide better quality at the cost they come with.
So, if budget is an issue then you can consider it over the other companies mentioned.
Well, folks, that’s all we have for you in this article.
Hopefully, we’ve made it all easy and understanding in this Ryobi tools review.
Now, you’ll be able to purchase your shortlisted product easily.
And, if you’re still confused then go through the pros/cons section of each product.
Then sort them out according to your preferred benefits.
Even though Ryobi produces the best of the best, not every tool is made for you.
So, you’ll have to choose accordingly.
Good Luck on your journey!